Blocked

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
edtrud

Blocked

Post by edtrud » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Is there a way that you can change the name of a forum? for instance i go online and Barracuda web filter blocks my forum, and says that it is SPAM. Can i change it so barracuda wouldnt block it?

abumslife

Re: Blocked

Post by abumslife » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 pm

it's probably not the name of your site... it's probably programmed to block message boards in general... is the Barracuda web filter at work or school?

edtrud

Post by edtrud » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 pm

its at school. but then how come it doesnt block this forum?

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

it must work on some reputation system... i'm not exactly sure how it determines which sites are ok and which ones aren't... i think you can try to get your site added to the ok list but it takes a long time or you have to pay... but that still might not unblock every computer using their system... i'm sure some are set with higher security than others...

for example... i'm sure some people can get on facebook/twitter but some companies will block facebook/twitter using barracuda and other like FW systems...

edtrud

Post by edtrud » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 pm

so there is no way i can classify what kind of forum it is? or something like that

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”