Member login and ACP problems.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
b.a.l.d.

Member login and ACP problems.

Post by b.a.l.d. »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
What is your board's URL? http://www.customtoyunion.com/index.php
Who do you host your board with? hostgator.com
How did you install your board? Someone else installed my board for me
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.7
What MODs do you have installed? Birthdays, stats, gallery, chat, portal, arcade, karma, ad manager
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, subsilver2, xandred
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? tester1
What password can be used to view this issue? ihatebugs
When did your problem begin? Around Feb. 1st 2011
Please describe your problem.

I'm experiencing some strange login problems as of late, when members try to login they keep getting kicked off and forced to enter a catcha code for too many login attempts (when only one has been made) and I as the administrator cannot access the ACP any longer, it just kicks me out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. :)
Bryan
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Member login and ACP problems.

Post by stevemaury »

You need to define "kicked off" and "kicked out" but what you describe would happen if someone were trying to guess passwords. Lot of that going around lately.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
b.a.l.d.

Post by b.a.l.d. »

Here is an example: I go to login to the acp, I re-authenticate and it tells me I have successfully authenticated etc. but then it will suddenly go right back to the authenticate login and not to the acp. :?:
b.a.l.d.

Post by b.a.l.d. »

Hello all,

I continue to have these problems with my forum and for about two weeks I have been locked out of the ACP. Members are contacting me with these problems:

"I’ve been meaning to contact you, but I haven’t been able to sign on to CTU for a week or two now... not sure if it’s a problem on my end, but I tried it with opera, firefox and IE and I got a different problem every time. I’m pretty sure it’s not on my end, because I have no problems online at all except CTU, so if you could look into it and get back to me that would be awesome.

On opera, I sign in and click new post, type my post and click submit, and it just goes into a loop asking for my username and password... I put them in, and it just loops to the sign-in page again.

On firefox and IE, I sign in and click new post and click submit, and it says “the form you submitted was invalid. please try again” and it said that when I only put “test” in the post...

please help!!!!"

I need some help on this big times guys and gals, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

Try using the Support Toolkit to gain access and use the 'auto cookies' option to correctly set your cookies.
b.a.l.d.

Post by b.a.l.d. »

Thanks pit$bull, I successfully used the STK but when I went to my cookies I found nothing wrong. Any ideas? :cry:
b.a.l.d.

Post by b.a.l.d. »

(BUMP) I need help asap on this please. :)
Guybor

Post by Guybor »

I just started having the same issue. I just upgraded to FF4 if that matters.

When I try and get into the ACP, it asks for my login info. I provide it, click login and it appears to accept it. When I click on the ACP link again, it sends me right back to the login page again.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”