Severe problems upgrading from 3.0.7PL-1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
kateland

Severe problems upgrading from 3.0.7PL-1

Post by kateland »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.8
What is your board's URL? http://www.ne-core.com
Who do you host your board with? Dreamhost
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.7
What MODs do you have installed? Major mods: Automod, phpBB Gallery, Ajax Chat, WordPress United, XBOX Leaderboard, Loewen Paypal Donation Mod, Arcade, Ultimate Points (installed but not enabled)
What styles do you currently have installed? ca_halcyon
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? Attempt #1: I went to upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8 using the automatic updater. (I did this on a dev board.) The update failed, and unfortunately I cannot remember the error. It was one in the installer that broke the layout. It was one I'd not come across before, and I know I have faulty mod installs, outdated mods, and figured something was colliding. Deleted that test instance and tried again.

Attempt #2: I copied my live board and live DB to a test copy, then tried to simply upload phpbb308 full files on top of the db copy, assuming if a mod was causing it, I could shut up the calls to it and then reinstate them one at a time; I changed all cookies, config values, and ran the DB update installer, and got a blank page. No error messages, even with full debugging on. Deleted it all and tried again.

Attempt #3: I began uninstalling the mods on the live board to attempt to auto update again. (I should not have done this on the live board. Sigh.) WP United was always problematic, but the uninstall went smoothly. I did it from the ACP, and then removed the files. When I went to uninstall the arcade via the ACP, clicking on the utilities to uninstall the db, when it brought up an error - again, I can't remember. Sorry. It was a corrupted file message, and phpbb templating around it. I started getting weird internal server errors during this point, but refreshing would bring it back, so I wasn't sure if it was a corrupted file system or if Dreamhost was tanking. Deciding to manually uninstall it last, I left arcade alone and went to uninstall Ultimate Points via Automod, and that's when the whole thing went down. I got SQL errors when trying to bring up the board that seemed both points and arcade related, so I went in to double check the ultimate points uninstall to find Automod didn't do a thorough job (not unexpected; it had warned me). I went through and uninstalled arcade, too, and once those two big jobs were done, I am still faced with a blank page on the board.

Attempt #4: I installed a vanilla 3.0.8 on a clean database. Downloaded an updated ca_halcyon for 3.0.8, installed, then changed the config.php to the broken/live database, expecting all kinds of errors that would tell me what mod structures still lived in tables that I needed to disable. My goal was to bring up all users, posts, smilies, etc, and then worry about mods later. The first error I have, I have no clue how to fix. (See below) I went into the broken/live db and made sure the ca_halcyon (older version) had the same id as what the new ca_halcyon install had. No dice.

Code: Select all

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 632: Undefined index: user_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 639: Undefined index: user_type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 653: Undefined index: user_type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 69: Undefined index: user_permissions
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 387: Undefined index: user_type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1530: Undefined index: user_lang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1532: Undefined index: user_dateformat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1533: Undefined index: user_timezone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1534: Undefined index: user_dst
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1605: Undefined index: user_style
Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imag' at line 4 [1064]

SQL

SELECT s.style_id, t.template_storedb, t.template_path, t.template_id, t.bbcode_bitfield, t.template_inherits_id, t.template_inherit_path, c.theme_path, c.theme_name, c.theme_storedb, c.theme_id, i.imageset_path, i.imageset_id, i.imageset_name FROM phpbb_styles s, phpbb_styles_template t, phpbb_styles_theme c, phpbb_styles_imageset i WHERE s.style_id = AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imageset_id = s.imageset_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/session.php
LINE: 1614
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 27
CALL: user->setup()
Please describe your problem. I could really use suggestions other than "blow up your forums and start over" - we have 5 years on phpBB and the forum structure alone would be a bish to re-do. I am willing to do all the importing manually (it isn't the first time). I just need help chasing down these bugs and correcting my file and DB structures.

As far as me, I used to be moderately decent in phpBB2.x, debugging, troubleshooting for others, authoring my own mods....but since Olympus, I really have not had the depth of experience in the changes. I have spent plenty of time in 3.x code guidelines, KB entries, and support topics.

Really hoping someone is willing to answer my questions and point me in the right direction. I'm settling in for a long upgrade, but it'll be worth it to save all our content, learn about 3.x in depth, and get a better handle on my environment. Admittedly, I've been lazy about installing or uninstalling, and there's lots of mess for me to fix.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4778 $)
here's your love letter
you bloodletter
you disappointed every time
topdown
Name: Jeff Behnke

Re: Severe problems upgrading from 3.0.7PL-1

Post by topdown »

Hello KateLand, you have a pretty good mess going there ;)
I am going to send you a PM about it and see if I can't give you a hand fixing it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”