Accidentally banned self from board

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ocbeachpromos

Accidentally banned self from board

Post by ocbeachpromos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 am

Hi,

I run my own set of boards at my personal website, and in the last two days I have had a real surge of spammers hit me.

While in the process of banning all of the IP addresses of these spammers, I accidentally copied and pasted my own (real stupid, huh?) IP address and banned myself.

Now, I have gone into my phpbb3 MySQL database and deleted the entry for my own IP address in the phpbb_banlist table, but the board is still showing me as banned due to being a known spammer. Can someone please tell me what I have missed here? I thought if that entry was removed, that it would remove the ban, but I guess not. Is the _banlist table integrated/cross indexed with another table which also needs to be modified?

Anyone got a solution or workaround on how I can re-access my board other than re-installation or logging in from another computer?

Thanks in advance......
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Accidentally banned self from board

Post by karlsemple » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 am

If your account is the founder account you should still be able to log in and access the Admin control panel and as such should still be able to manage the ban lists. The founder account is the one you created when installing the board, so if possible log in using that account. If your account is not a founder account and you cant log in using the founder account you could always install out support toolkit and change the status of your user account to that of founder and thus allow you to log into the Admin control panel and then manage the bans :)

ocbeachpromos

Re: Accidentally banned self from board

Post by ocbeachpromos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi again, and thanks Karlsemple!

It was my founder account that I banned, and I was able to log into the ACP with it. WHEW! I was sweating bullets! I have this morning (8 am EST) been able to log in and get it all straight. Bet I'll be real careful with IP's from now on! :oops:

Thanks ever so much for your help, it is very certainly appreciated!

Mickey

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”