Issues with Yahoo Registration Confirmation

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Consantino

Issues with Yahoo Registration Confirmation

Post by Consantino » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:12 am

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.8
What is your board's URL? http://forums.animeratio.com
Who do you host your board with? netelligent
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.7
What MODs do you have installed? Well the only one i think that can cause this issues is the mod called NuCaptcha
What styles do you currently have installed? Acidtech Latest Update
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? Not sure since i never signed up using Yahoo. But looks like its been some time.
Please describe your problem. Well when people sign up using Yahoo they never get a registration confirmation. It works well on Gmail, Hotmail not sure about other email services
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4778 $)

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Issues with Yahoo Registration Confirmation

Post by karlsemple » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 am

If people can register on your board using other E-mail providers have receive the registration E-mail just fine then the problem is probably not with your board. It could be that on Yahoo mail the boards E-mails are being treated as spam and thus going to the account holders trash folder, a good number of people never check their spam folders and will probably never see the E-mail. If possible get someone to register using a Yahoo E-mail account and then get them to check the junk folder to see if the registration E-mail from your board has gone into that folder :)

Consantino

Post by Consantino » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:23 am

No its empty i even tried it with my own yahoo email. What do you is causing this?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:35 am

phpBB is not handling your sites sign-ups, you have bridged with word press and as such word press is handling your sites sign up process and when signing up you have an error on the page which you will probably need to fix. That said the registration process is working as it should and the registration E-mails are being received as I just tested. This means the issue lies with yahoo E-mail who are blocking mails from your board, if you are relying on your web servers php mail function to handle E-mail then you may want to set up a pop 3 E-mail account to handle your boards E-mails, if you are already using a pop 3 mail account then try changing the account so the mail is going through another mail server. Ultimately the only real way you can find out why your boards E-mails are being rejected by Yahoo is to contact them :)

Consantino

Post by Consantino » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:47 am

Well the thing is i did try a plugin with WordPress but i never got it to work so all i did was deactivate it. But i don't think i was messing with anything all i remember is it asking me to upload some stuff but that's it if am not mistaken.

This was a while a go like 2 months ago i think but the plugin i used was PHPBB Single Sign On am pretty sure.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”