Shoutbox Update Time Help

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Sh0tGuN2197

Shoutbox Update Time Help

Post by Sh0tGuN2197 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:00 am

Our forums had some trouble with a hacker a while back. Not only did he mess up the shoutbox, he hacked into plenty of mod accounts. This all happened about 2-3 months ago, and he is no longer messing with us.
Ok, so the shoutbox used to update every 5 seconds. Now it updates every 120. We have waited all this time an nothing has changed, still updates very slowly. Once it was hacked we switched over to the chat room utility box. Recently there has been a lot of lag and other issues with it. So our staff and members would like to know if there was a way to fix that update time.
I am nit sure if this is really the right place to post this. If not it can be moved. If I need to state any more info please tell me so, that way I can get this fixed as soon as possible.

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Re: Shoutbox Update Time Help

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:45 am

Do you know the exact name of the Shoutbox MOD installed on your forums? If so, search for that MOD in the Modifications Database and you can post this in that MOD's "Discussion and Support" tab for a response from the MOD author. That would be the better place to post to get help from the person who wrote the MOD. ;)
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

Sh0tGuN2197

Post by Sh0tGuN2197 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Tom wrote:Do you know the exact name of the Shoutbox MOD installed on your forums? If so, search for that MOD in the Modifications Database and you can post this in that MOD's "Discussion and Support" tab for a response from the MOD author. That would be the better place to post to get help from the person who wrote the MOD. ;)
It's not a MOD. It came installed with the forum. It's under the option "Utility Box" We didn't install any mods :?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:45 pm

phpBB doesn't come with a shoutbox or a utility box.

I'm guessing you're on a free forum host. If so, you need to contact them for help.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”