No longer recieving activation e-mails

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
dianna85

No longer recieving activation e-mails

Post by dianna85 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:19 pm

In my forum, my settings are account activation by admin so I got emails every time a new user signed up because of the many bots. Since last week I haven't had any e-mails, including one to notify me of a private message. Any ideas? It was working since day one up until now. I haven't changed any of the forum settings and things like notify me of a new private message etc is still enabled.

I did recently change hosting companies a month ago but I was still receiving the emails.

http://www.shannen-doherty.net/forums

I know its not a big deal since I can manually check the messages and activate/delete the new sign ups but sometimes I forget to check so the e-mails were useful.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: No longer recieving activation e-mails

Post by karlsemple » Mon May 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Since last week I haven't had any e-mails, including one to notify me of a private message. Any ideas? It was working since day one up until now. I haven't changed any of the forum settings and things like notify me of a new private message etc is still enabled.
Are you using the hosts php mail function to handle the board E-mail or have you got it set up to usea smtp mail account to handle mail? you say you have not changed anything, but that's not to say your host has not. If you are using the hosts php mail function it could be the host has changed the way the server handles mail and this is stopping mail it perceives as spam such as board E-mails. If you are not alreadytry using a smtp mail account to handle the boards E-mail, this can often be done by simply setting up a free smtp E-mail account if you host provides them and then using it and its settings to handle the boards E-mail thus getting around any php mail function restrictions which the host may have put into place :)

Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: No longer recieving activation e-mails

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello,
please look to this FAQ: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/m ... /faq/f_385

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”