Admin normal/sticky/announce does not appear

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
audiodef
Name: Damien Moody

Admin normal/sticky/announce does not appear

Post by audiodef » Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Shouldn't I, as a board admin, have the option of creating posts that are normal, sticky, announcement, or global? These options never appear for me when I'm logged into my board as an admin.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Admin normal/sticky/announce does not appear

Post by karlsemple » Mon May 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Those are forum permissions which you will need to configure on a forum by forum basis, as with all permissions you can set these permissions on a user by user or group by group basis via the Admin control panel -> permissions tab -> forum based permissions -> forum permissions section.

Being an Administrator simply means you have various permissions which allow you to carry out certain administrator tasks, it has no baring on moderator tasks or general board usage :)

audiodef
Name: Damien Moody

Post by audiodef » Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Aha. OK, I get it now. I've changed permissions for global moderators (which is just me) to full access, and now I get what I expect to see. Thanks!

AGC

Post by AGC » Tue May 24, 2011 1:00 am

You should changing permissions for the Administrators group to full access.
(phpBB 2.0.x): []Admin Topics List[] MOD. << Description & Download. , []Highlight Author[] MOD.

Donate-paypal
(phpBB 3.0.x)[ver] MODs: [RC1] >Import old *.pak files MOD. + . . .[8] > ACP - Modules Quick Access (MQA) MOD. + . . . [7-PL1] > Multi Smile (actions) MOD

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 am

AGC wrote:You should changing permissions for the Administrators group to full access.
It's nothing to do with admin permissions.

Stickies are forum based permissions.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

AGC

Post by AGC » Tue May 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Kevin Clark wrote:
AGC wrote:You should changing permissions for the Administrators group to full access.
It's nothing to do with admin permissions.

Stickies are forum based permissions.
He stated that he change the permissions for Global Moderators ...
audiodef wrote:Aha. OK, I get it now. I've changed permissions for global moderators (which is just me) to full access, and now I get what I expect to see. Thanks!
I meant as an admin he should change it for the Administrators where he did it before, of course the ones for the forum's permissions.
:)
(phpBB 2.0.x): []Admin Topics List[] MOD. << Description & Download. , []Highlight Author[] MOD.

Donate-paypal
(phpBB 3.0.x)[ver] MODs: [RC1] >Import old *.pak files MOD. + . . .[8] > ACP - Modules Quick Access (MQA) MOD. + . . . [7-PL1] > Multi Smile (actions) MOD

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”