Giving sub-forum moderator same colour as global moderator

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
copperknackers

Giving sub-forum moderator same colour as global moderator

Post by copperknackers »

Hi guys -

Bit of a random question, but hopefully you can help me out. Basically, we have global moderators but would also like sub-forum moderators.

However, when I add the user to the sub-forum, the colour for their name is the same as a normal user - not green like a moderator.

I understand this is because they're not in the Global Moderator group. From what I understand, If I wanted to give this user the same colour as a global mod, I'd have to:

1) add user to global mods group
2) create a new group with that colour and assign that user to that group

What I'd like to know is, is there any other way whereby I can add the user to the Global Moderator group but only allow this user to edit this particular sub-forum? That way, the user will feel like they are a Global Mod, but only be able to edit that particular sub-forum?

Any help greatly appreciated! :D
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Giving sub-forum moderator same colour as global moderat

Post by Brf »

copperknackers wrote: 1) add user to global mods group
2) create a new group with that colour and assign that user to that group

What I'd like to know is, is there any other way whereby I can add the user to the Global Moderator group but only allow this user to edit this particular sub-forum?
No. Use option #2.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”