Problem with MODs: Anti-Spam showing up twice

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
copperknackers

Problem with MODs: Anti-Spam showing up twice

Post by copperknackers »

Got a bit of a problem with my MODs.

Basically, I tried to install Anti-Spam ACP. However, it wouldn't show up under the .MODS tab, so I rolled back the changes (I did them manually).

When I just went to System > Administration Control Panel > MODs, it shows the module 'Anti-Spam' shows up twice. I removed all of the changes I made and STILL it shows it up twice! :o

When I try and delete it, it says: Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action.

Can anyone shed any light on this? What's going on?!?
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Problem with MODs: Anti-Spam showing up twice

Post by Pit$Bull »

You shouldn't need the anti spam MOD, the same thing is built into phpBB3 latest version.
See this topic http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2122696

Since there is no MOD support in this forum please visit our Customisations Database and post in the specific MOD's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released MOD is also available in the first post of each released MOD listed in the MOD Database Releases forum.

He's the link http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/a ... p/support/
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

Hi Phil

Thanks for that. Could those Anti-Spam listings under .MOD not be the built-in functions?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

copperknackers wrote:Hi Phil

Thanks for that. Could those Anti-Spam listings under .MOD not be the built-in functions?
nope , in the default standard install, there is no .MOD tab in the admin panel. that is put in by certain MODs that will have some configuration settings.

the built in anti-spam is listed under the main page left side menu.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

Is that the tab that reads 'Spambot countermeasures' under General?

Occasionally, spam gets through - so was trying to overcome that with Anti-Spam ACP but seems that went haywire!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

yes. choose the Q&A all the rest have been beaten including the one your anti spam was trying to use.

even though it is greyed out, click on it. when you do the page will refresh. once it does, click on the configure button. setup your question and answer
submit
when you get back to the other page, choose the Q& A from the menu again, then click the sumbit button on that page.

then purge the cache from the main page of the admin panel.

then, log out and test it by going to the registration page to see if it is there.

be advised, if your style is not up to date then you will not be able to see the question and/or answer box on the registration page.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”