Connection Timed out and Karma MOD!!!!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Praetorian Guard

Connection Timed out and Karma MOD!!!!

Post by Praetorian Guard »

Seems like an ajax error from a mod, so I need to get in and disable a setting in the mod. Anyways, I cannot get into the admin from the site index as the site is down (error) and I can't get into STK as it keeps telling me over and over that the connection timed out, click here to reload the stk but when I click to reload it does not do anything, just the same message. I have cleared the cache, my browser, etc. and no change!! HELP!!!!

Commented out the mod, now I am getting "Connection Timed Out" on the index page???? HELP!!!
Last edited by tbackoff on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: URGENT site down and can't get into STK!!!

Post by tbackoff »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
Praetorian Guard

Re: URGENT site down and can't get into STK!!!

Post by Praetorian Guard »

t_backoff wrote:Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
OK, please put this post maybe somewhere where people can reference it. The problem is the KARMA mod from m157y. DO NOT choose in the ACP to notify of updates because the author has tied this bit of code to his site, which is DOWN. If you have this problem go into functions_karma.php and comment out this:

$this->check_updates();

Then go into ACP and change the auto notify to NO. Otherwise you will get a connection time out error. What a crappy way to write code!!!!!!!!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”