Big problem Members disconnected each time they click a link

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
nexum
I've Been Banned!

Big problem Members disconnected each time they click a link

Post by nexum »

Message to mods: First of all, my website is NOT a warez website. I have to explain it every time im asking for help on this forum. Our website is a website dedicated to help the artists and the underground scene. We release digital albums for free in collaboration with artists and labels. All the downloads posted are authorized, otherwise it gets deleted by our mods team. We have a big list of disallowed stuff and we dont post any commercial music. Artists and labels support us and what we are doing.
Everything is explained in our introduction text: http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

Hello,

My forum Anarcho-Punk.net have been working perfectly for a long long time. I haven't touched anything since months, but around 2 weeks ago my webhosting company decided to upgrade PHP to PHP 5.3

Since they upgraded to PHP 5.3, my forum members are getting a lot of problems. They get disconnected almost every time they click a link... After investigating i discovered that they get disconnected only when they access an URL that doesn't include the Session ID in the URL

Example:
http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewforum.p ... 380b22d73e will work
http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewforum.php?f=6 will get you disconnected

So i tryed to add the Session ID to ALL links on the forum but i can't fix everything. Examples:

- If a member login then get back to the forum typing www.anarcho-punk.net URL in their browser it won't include Session ID so they will get disconnected

- If a member post an internal link inside a forum post, session ID isnt included so they will get kicked out

- member's bookmarks doesnt include Session ID

So i really don't know how to fix this problem. And i don't understand why the problem didnt show up until my webhost upgraded to PHP 5.3

I desesperatly need help! My forum activity is going down since the bug happenned, many active members are threatening to leave the forum :( This is one of my last forum using PHPBB, all others are on vbulletin and i want to keep this one on phpbb :( Please help me !

I contacted my webhost, they told me to check if phpbb got specific instructions related to "memcache" but im really confused.....

UPDATE: Yesterday the glitches disseapeared during a couple of hours. I could click links without SID and i wouldnt get disconnected. But today the problem is back... It is really weird..
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Big problem Members disconnected each time they click a

Post by tbackoff »

nexum wrote:Message to mods: First of all, my website is NOT a warez website. I have to explain it every time im asking for help on this forum. Our website is a website dedicated to help the artists and the underground scene. We release digital albums for free in collaboration with artists and labels. All the downloads posted are authorized, otherwise it gets deleted by our mods team. We have a big list of disallowed stuff and we dont post any commercial music. Artists and labels support us and what we are doing.
Everything is explained in our introduction text: http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
You'll have to provide proof that this is legal. An introduction post is not proof. Until then, this is getting locked. Sorry.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Big problem Members disconnected each time they click a

Post by stevemaury »

By definition, all the works available for download on your site are copyrighted, so you would need to provide copyright assignments from those artists.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”