Help Please !!!!!!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
pro_hunter

Help Please !!!!!!

Post by pro_hunter »

Hello,

We have a major problem, We had our server hacked yesterday and they deleted everything that was in the server files.

Our main problem now is we had a phpbb forum that ahd over 8 years worth of information on there and we can't retrieve it from the server.

Now as i have just found out how much of an idiot i was as the forum got backed up weekly but the files where stored on the server :(

Now we have lost everything apart from a backup file ive found on my hard drive but is from april 2010, since then things have changed with bb and i cannot add the files back to the forum :(

does anyone know how i can get these files back to the forum, We arn't to bothered about loosing the users but we are more bothered about saving the phpbb_posts and the phpbb_post_text files.

Does anyone know how we can do this ??? and if so how.

Kindest regards

Jay

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Help Please !!!!!!

Post by stevemaury »

None of that information is in files at all. It is all in the database, which has nothing to do with the files. Have you tried accessing the database through phpMyAdmin? If the data base was not affected (and it probably wasn't) you can be back up and running in minutes.

Let me know and I will tell you how to proceed.

Edit - you will lose your attachments.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

pro_hunter

Post by pro_hunter »

hi steve,

They deleted everything m8y, the databases the lot.

:(

pro_hunter

Post by pro_hunter »

i have just contacted our server guys to see if they have any backups of the mysql databsases so fingers crossed they may well have

pro_hunter

Post by pro_hunter »

stevemaury wrote:None of that information is in files at all. It is all in the database, which has nothing to do with the files. Have you tried accessing the database through phpMyAdmin? If the data base was not affected (and it probably wasn't) you can be back up and running in minutes.

Let me know and I will tell you how to proceed.

Edit - you will lose your attachments.

Hi steve,

Ive managed to get hold of the database, how do i go about putting it back.

Thanks

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Get the config.php file from your 2010 backup. Create a database using the Database wizard in your cPanel and give it the same name as the $dbname in config.php and use the same username and password as are in that file.

Then
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version 3.0.9 to your board's root folder.
  • Upload the config.php file from your 2010 backup, letting it overwrite the 0 byte file uploaded in step one.
  • Import the database backup file you have. How you do this will depend on its size and whether it has extended inserts. If you have any difficulty, stop at this step and post back with the uncompressed size of the database file and post its first and last 25 lines, using the

Code: Select all

tags.
    [*]Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
    [*]Let that run and then delete the install folder.
    [*]You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts.[/list]
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

pro_hunter

Post by pro_hunter »

i shall give that a shot, Cheers steve

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”