Link to changes between 3.08 and 3.09?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Praetorian Guard

Link to changes between 3.08 and 3.09?

Post by Praetorian Guard »

Where is the link again for the manual changes from 3.08 to 3.09? Don't want to use an autoupdater so I will do this manually. Thanks!
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: Link to changes between 3.08 and 3.09?

Post by Noxwizard »

They are here: http://www.phpbb.com/support/code-changes/
However, performing the update solely based on that is not recommended. They should be used in conjunction with the updater to resolve any conflicts.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
Praetorian Guard

Noxwizard wrote:They are here: http://www.phpbb.com/support/code-changes/
However, performing the update solely based on that is not recommended. They should be used in conjunction with the updater to resolve any conflicts.

The problem is I have a TON of mods and they work well, in the past when doing updates I always had bad luck and had to fix a bunch of things. Can you offer some suggestions on how you would go about tackling this problem? Thanks!

Basically, would you make the changes manually a per the link and then run the updater to see if any conflicts exist? If so, and conflicts do exist, then what? Or would you do it completely differently? Thanks!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the auto updater is designed specifically for your situation, lot of MODs installed. If you have no MODs then you don't use the autoupdate method.

for the conflicts that may arise, the autoupdater provides you with several options. one of which is the option to make the edits to the file yourself, upload it back and run the updater again to see if it still conflicts etc.

with lots of MODs, this is much quicker than doing them all manually and much less likely to break because of human error.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Praetorian Guard

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:the auto updater is designed specifically for your situation, lot of MODs installed. If you have no MODs then you don't use the autoupdate method.

for the conflicts that may arise, the autoupdater provides you with several options. one of which is the option to make the edits to the file yourself, upload it back and run the updater again to see if it still conflicts etc.

with lots of MODs, this is much quicker than doing them all manually and much less likely to break because of human error.

robert

Ok, will go with that. Thanks!

So I assume that I only run the 3.08-3.09 updates and NOT the full package? Please let me know. Thanks!
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/ wrote:Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, contains changes from previous releases to latest stable release. Able to update modified installations.

For updating boards with modifications.
Yes.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”