On the Brink of madness. CHMOD Problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Amymations
Name: Amy Baldwin

On the Brink of madness. CHMOD Problems

Post by Amymations » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Riiiiight, here's the deal.

I've been trying to update my PHPBB Gallery MOD up to 1.1.0 for two hours now, it should be god awful easy. I'm getting to the 'installation' page to update and for some bizarre reason they're claiming my /gallery/cache/ folder is not writable! IT CLEARLY SAYS 777.

I'm on Linux server and never had problems with permissions until now, the most amazingly hilarious fist punching thing is that the other folders which need to be writable (import, medium, upload) changed to 777 easily and is recognized. I've tried numerous things such as re-uploading the darn folder, changing permissions on the folder back to 755 and then to 777 to see if it stays 777 and it does. I'm on the brink of madness here people. I really need help.

- The lady who has rage problems.

Here's a screen shot of what that stupid install page is saying. Another screen shot of me proving it's the correct CHMOD setting.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (59.15 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (60.76 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Forum Information:
PHPBB - 3.0.9
URL - http://www.mouldingminefield.com/forum
Theme - Glacier
Template - Prosilver

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: On the Brink of madness. CHMOD Problems

Post by Noxwizard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Support for that MOD needs to be requested here: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/p ... y/support/
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”