Plates for each user

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Santiago Munez 26

Plates for each user

Post by Santiago Munez 26 »

Hi friend,
I've another question for you.
I want to insert some "plates" for each user under their avatar, like this plate in this screen over the plate "admin", if is it possible:

This plates could be different from each user, so I want know if I have to install some MODs to realize that or if I have to modify some codes...

Thanks in advance.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Plates for each user

Post by Oyabun1 »

The best way would be to use ranks to achieve that, see Everything you need to know about ranks v3.x.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Santiago Munez 26

Oyabun1 wrote:The best way would be to use ranks to achieve that, see Everything you need to know about ranks v3.x.
No, I don't want this.
I want to insert a different plate for each user...so, it's is possible to create a new field in the user profile o is there any other method to do this?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

The "plate" in your first post looks to be a rank image. As explained in the article I linked you to ranks can be normal (based on post count) or special (manually assigned to a user or group). Create a special rank for each user and assign that rank to the user.
Santiago Munez 26 wrote:... is possible to create a new field in the user profile o is there any other method to do this?
Yes, but it will require installing a MOD because custom profile fields don't allow images by default. Also, in the end it will look pretty much the same as using a special rank anyway, so why bother?
                      Support Request Template
Santiago Munez 26

Oyabun1 wrote:The "plate" in your first post looks to be a rank image. As explained in the article I linked you to ranks can be normal (based on post count) or special (manually assigned to a user or group). Create a special rank for each user and assign that rank to the user.
Santiago Munez 26 wrote:... is possible to create a new field in the user profile o is there any other method to do this?
Yes, but it will require installing a MOD because custom profile fields don't allow images by default. Also, in the end it will look pretty much the same as using a special rank anyway, so why bother?
Ok, I understand...but in that guide explain how insert the image...if I want that the image link to another post on my forum, is possible after I've do that?
In my opinion, create a personal field for each user it's better...or no?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Santiago Munez 26 wrote:if I want that the image link to another post on my forum, is possible after I've do that?
If you had included this requirement in your first post it would have saved me wasting time advising you to use ranks. Without substantial changes it is not possible to do that with ranks.

As previously mentioned you could use custom profile fields with the Parse BBCode in Custom Profile Fields MOD that would allow images to e included in the fields.
                      Support Request Template
Santiago Munez 26

Oyabun1 wrote:
Santiago Munez 26 wrote:if I want that the image link to another post on my forum, is possible after I've do that?
If you had included this requirement in your first post it would have saved me wasting time advising you to use ranks. Without substantial changes it is not possible to do that with ranks.

As previously mentioned you could use custom profile fields with the Parse BBCode in Custom Profile Fields MOD that would allow images to e included in the fields.
Ok, sorry, but I remember (badly) that I've write that.
Now I take a look at this MOD and I try. Thanks a lot.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”