Confused about permissions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Matrix Leader
Name: Matrix Leader

Confused about permissions

Post by Matrix Leader »

How does this work?

New members are able to post, but I just checked the users' permissions, and I noticed that all regular members do not have access to many of the features, and "no role" was assigned

So I manually set their role to standard features, shouldn't they automatically be able to attach files, receive/ send PMs, etc?

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure I don't have to go to every member manually and set his role to standard features

I am not very clear about the whole permissions system and how it works.
Attachments
Users' Permissions
Users' Permissions
permissions.PNG (83.79 KiB) Viewed 212 times
BlackBerry Matrix Website (For all your BlackBerry OS updates, apps, etc)
BlackBerry Matrix Forums
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Confused about permissions

Post by Oyabun1 »

The documentation, Setting permissions, and Knowledge Base, phpBB3 Permissions, are usually good places to look for information.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Matrix Leader wrote: but I just checked the users' permissions, and I noticed that all regular members do not have access to many of the features, and "no role" was assigned
An individual's permissions should all be set to "No", unless you have assigned them special permissions beyond what they get from their usergroups.

If you want to see what permissions-set a user has, use the five "View Permissions" links at the bottom of the Permissions tab. Type the user's name into the Find a Member box to view their resultant permissions set on either of those pages.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I hope that at some time they will change that "no role assigned" to something less confusing.

it simply means that no special role has been assigned.

also, if you look under group permissions instead of user permissions you will probably see that the proper "role" for the group is assigned and that the permissions for that role are already what you are expecting them to be.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”