problems with phpbb3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
gilic

problems with phpbb3

Post by gilic »

Hallo

I have forum on phpbb3 3.0.8.
A couple of days ago I cannot open the forum and asked the server operator to fix the problems.
When I try to open my site address I get the message:
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8095359 bytes) in /home/westbalk/public_html/forum/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 690"

After checking my account the server operator told me:
"You might need to contact the script developers since the error states that we allow using up to 128 MB of memory and Your script is using only 8MB so it should be fully working."

I have to say we haven't had such a problem ever until now.

Please advise me how to resolve this problem.

Thank your very much in advance.

Gilic

gilic2004@live.com
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Re: problems with phpbb3

Post by igorw »

Their support is obviously misunderstanding the error message.

The 8MB isn't the full amount of memory that is being allocated. It's only the amount that was being allocated, when it exceeded the limit.

Either way, 128 seems like a pretty huge amount of memory being used, and that is being written to cache. Not sure what's happening. You're going to have to be more specific about when this error occurs, if you have any MODs installed, etc.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: problems with phpbb3

Post by stevemaury »

In fact, please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”