Forgot admin password

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
LoanChau

Forgot admin password

Post by LoanChau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:00 am

Dear all, i forgot my admin password and i also forgot the email i registered. Can you help me please?

Regards,

LC

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Forgot admin password

Post by Pit$Bull » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 am

In phpmyadmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP. Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin KB

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to update the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).

LoanChau

Post by LoanChau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:52 am

Dear Pit$Bull, i don't understand how to create admin1 after i login phpmyadmin, Can you explain more detail please?

Regard,

Lc

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:12 am

In the code box that Pit$Bull provided is the query to be run in step 4 of the Knowledge Base article that Pit$Bull linked you to. Follow the steps in the article.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

LoanChau

Post by LoanChau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 am

Dear, after i copy the code and follow steps in article, they was inserted row ... how can i login into ACP by my admin1?

Regards,

LC

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 am

Pit$Bull wrote:... which will create an admin user named admin1 with a password of admin.
                      Support Request Template

LoanChau

Post by LoanChau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:02 am

Dear, i got it. Thank you very much for your help. Can you show me how to delete user please? do i need to delete the row that i installed in phpmyadmin?

Regards,

LC

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 am

ACP > Users & Groups > Manage users > Admin1 > Delete user
                      Support Request Template

LoanChau

Post by LoanChau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Thank you all, lc

msathre

Post by msathre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I tried this, got the new login and where logged into my account, but when trying to access ACP i get this:
Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions.

Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm

msathre
Please start your own topic and include the Support Request Template Generator and post it there to enable us to assist you better.

sopi

Post by sopi » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Same here, forgot my password, but it's version 3.1.x and a local installation => no email
But it won't take the code above .... => Unknown column 'user_from' in 'field list'
Any help?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:10 pm

sopi wrote:Any help?
Try a new topic in the 3.1 support forum instead of a 3 year old 3.0 topic?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

sopi

Post by sopi » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Sorry :oops:
Will do :D

woodp

Post by woodp » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Still running 3.0.14 and had to recover my admin password. It worked and I know have access to my admin account again.

But now I'm unable to delete my Admin1 account. I receive four error lines below. Essentially they indicate that founders can't be deleted. Did I do something wrong? How can I recover?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_users.php on line 191: Undefined index: CANNOT_REMOVE_FOUNDER

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/classicj/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3897) in /home/classicj/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/classicj/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3897) in /home/classicj/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/classicj/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3897) in /home/classicj/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/classicj/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3897) in /home/classicj/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 154

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”