phpMyAdmin importing data

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Mister_Perkins88

phpMyAdmin importing data

Post by Mister_Perkins88 »

Okay, so ive been at my website (concretepumpingpeople.com) for the last 72 hours trying to fix my login issues. I've decided that I am just going to install a fresh copy of PHP and Export/Import the SQL tables for the Forum data, and user data.

Now I was messing around with the importing function on the phpmyadmin, and i tried a dry-run of importing my php_users (Exported keeping Structure and Data at UTF8). I dropped the New Database php_users and imported the .SQL

After importing I checked out the page, and it only has 12 out of 95 Users listed and says 1 Registered users .. But if you click the Members list, it shows all 12 that properly imported to the forum.

Does anyone know how to Export and import properly?

I need to Export the Forums, and Categories, and posts, and also the User logins and Data to the new forum to Retain the information already posted on the site. Thanks for anyones help
StefanL

Re: phpMyAdmin importing data

Post by StefanL »

It sounds like the export or import was a failure. How big is your SQL backup?

[Edit] Open you backup in a text editor and search for:

Code: Select all

# Table: phpbb_zebra
it should be on some of the last rows. If you find it your export is OK, else it failed.
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Because many of the tables are interrelated you are much better off exporting and importing the whole database. You can remove most database changes from MODs by downloading and installing the Support Toolkit and running the Database Cleaner tool.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Mister_Perkins88

Well after a bit more research it seems that it did actually go through. I just had to first drop the databases i wanted to change, import the .SQL, and Refresh all the tables, posts, etc.. in the ACP

What I was trying to accomplish was importing the users, posts, forums, and attachments into a Base Older version of 3.0.9 then trying to upgrade to 3.0.10 again. I was thinking that when I originally upgraded the database and had the SQL error, that it may have not fully merged everything in the DB, causing the Users to get logged out. I spent all night last night trying to upload a fresh version of PHPBB3.0.9 and importing all my databases that i Exported from the main Database. On my Localserver, the database works perfectly. Actually both sets of databases work perfectly on my localserver.

I've been telling them that the login issue is a problem on their side, but they simply wont listen to me. They keep telling me its a 3rd party app and they wont support it. makes me upset. I am loosing members every day because of this mess-up

I will try to run the STK toolkit and see if that helps.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Mister_Perkins88 wrote:I was thinking that when I originally upgraded the database and had the SQL error, that it may have not fully merged everything in the DB
No, the update is for the files, it doesn't merge anything in the database, you hardly EVER have to re-import a working database unless somebody has been fiddling with it of course.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Mister_Perkins88

Oh okay. Well thats pointless then for me to do that.

My current Database is not messed with. I am still having trouble with users getting kicked off though. Thats why I was thinking that there may be a problem with the database. Maybe with the Session Table or something.

Does anyone have any idea why if you have the correct cookie settings and server settings, it would still kick off regular users ?? Is there a Query I can run to Repair any Sessions that may have been damaged somehow?

Its so odd that if I run the same database on my localhost server, and have users come log on, they can stay logged on, but when I run it on my regular Hosting provider, the users constantly get booted and have to re-login.

For a few days, it was actually me that was having the issues logging in. Every time I would try to access the ACP, it would tell me to login again. After logging in repeatedly it would load the ACP then when i clicked on anything, it would have me re-authenticate myself again.

after a few days of dealing with that, and talking with my hosting provider, it randomly started working again, and still is today. But after it randomly fixed my issue, all the users started having this booting issue.

One remedy that Kind of helps is to Delete all board cookies, and checking Remember Me on the login.

I am loosing members every day because they are getting tired of this :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”