Installation Problem with Windows Server and SQL 2008

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts

Installation Problem with Windows Server and SQL 2008

Postby erskine » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 am

I am new to phpbb and have been trying for a few days to install it on Windows Server 2008 x86 using IIS and SQL server 2008.

I cannot proceed beyond the database connection point in the install. I have setup an instance called fcforum.
I specify the database name as server\instance, for username I have tried the sa account, a windows account and a sql user account I setup. All fail.

SQL - I have the instance service running. server browser service running. TCPIP enabled and on port 1433 in server configuration manager as well as named piped, shared mem and via. Both Windows and SQL authentication is enabled. I have tried every combination of entering details on the install screen and cannot proceed.

I have installed a new instance (FCFORUM, previous was the default MSSQLSERVER instance) with still no success. I have given the new sql user db_creater permission. I have hit a brick wall. Can anyone offer any suggestions to getting the SQL side of it happening?

I get the following error:

Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
SQLSTATE: 28000 code: 18456 message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'user'. SQLSTATE: 42000 code: 4060 message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Cannot open database "webserver\fcforum" requested by the login. The login failed. SQLSTATE: 28000 code: 18456 message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'user'. SQLSTATE: 42000 code: 4060 message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Cannot open database "webserver\fcforum" requested by the login. The login failed.
erskine

Return to 3.0.x Support Forum