Memberlist problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Tommiiee

Memberlist problems

Post by Tommiiee »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.10
What is your board's URL? http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/forum
Who do you host your board with? Antagonist
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.9
What MODs do you have installed? mChat
Sortables Captcha
Very Simple RSS
What styles do you currently have installed? CA_Black
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? dummy
What password can be used to view this issue? dummy123
When did your problem begin? Unknown. Probably from a fresh install, but one of my members just found out. My test forum is having the same problem.
Please describe your problem. When the 'memberlist' is viewed, everything works fine. But when a letter is clicked (A, B, C, etc.) the page cannot be found. The link is just dead.

My homepage's CMS throws a 404 page.
Generated by SRT Generator

novanilla

Re: Memberlist problems

Post by novanilla »

The style hasn't been updated yet. I had the same problem with my style. I borrowed the Prosilver memberlist_body.html from its template folder, and made edits to it to be compatible with my style, then put it in my style's folder.

Tommiiee

Post by Tommiiee »

novanilla wrote:The style hasn't been updated yet. I had the same problem with my style. I borrowed the Prosilver memberlist_body.html from its template folder, and made edits to it to be compatible with my style, then put it in my style's folder.
I'll try this :)

Edit: it worked great! I just copied Prosilver's memberlist_body and pasted it into my theme's template folder.

Thanks!

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Post by HGN »

The normal procedure would be to download the code changes package, http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... 0.9&code=1, and update the style yourselves manually for more than one reason.

First is that more style changes are required to bring your style up to the same level as your phpBB board.
Second is that the style may have modified templates, you will loose when copying the default prosilver/subsilver2 templates.

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

HGN wrote:The normal procedure would be to download the code changes package, http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... 0.9&code=1, and update the style yourselves manually for more than one reason.

First is that more style changes are required to bring your style up to the same level as your phpBB board.
Second is that the style may have modified templates, you will loose when copying the default prosilver/subsilver2 templates.
100% agree!!!

In my case, I have a fully updated style (proFormell 1.3.4), and it still had this problem. I checked the latest version of the style, and it doesn't even HAVE its own memberlist_body file because of template inheritance. But it still has a legacy version in its template path. If I remove it, I can't refresh templates because the refresher can't find the new one... go figure. So it's easier to just copy the prosilver version over to the proFormell template folder than it is to fight it.

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Post by HGN »

That would mean your board was not updated fully.

Inheritance means that a style uses template files from an other style, e.g. prosilver.
If the style does not have the memberlist_body file, you should update the template from the style it inherites from, probably being prosilver.
If prosilver still had an old template it just means the phpBB update to 3.0.10 was not correct.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”