Duplicate database tables?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
obnoxiousblue

Duplicate database tables?

Post by obnoxiousblue »

Was just looking for a specific column and table on phpmyadmin and I noticed that there are duplicates of almost every table of my db. half are phpbb_XXX and the others are phpbb_1XXX Is there any reason for this? Obviously a mess up on my part, but should something be fixed here?

Im not super well versed in this so every response is appriciated!

Thanks!
StefanL

Re: Duplicate database tables?

Post by StefanL »

If you only got ONE forum you probably somewhere down the line reinstalled it. As your forum only needs one set of tables you can check your config.php and look for:

Code: Select all

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
Then you will know what prefix your forum is using. It's no harm that you have another set of tables except the size of the database.
If you delete the other set, backup your database BEFORE.
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.
obnoxiousblue

Post by obnoxiousblue »

Thanks StefanL The table prefix is "phpbb_" I presume that the alternate phpbb_1XXX was done during a restore I had a few weeks back.

Do I run any major foreseeable risk in deleting these tables? They do appear to be identical to the phpbb_ ones

In phpmyadmin is there a way to select more than one table to delete (drop?) at a time? or Do i have to do each item individually?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Yes. Click on the database, upper left and on the right will be all tables in the database. Check those with prefix you want to delete and in the dropdown on the bottom With selected, Drop.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”