Parachat Plugin for phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
trace1301t

Parachat Plugin for phpBB3

Post by trace1301t »

I have added a parachat module to my forum, having followed all the install instructions and set ups, I pressed submit and get the below script, now I am at a loss as what to do next.. please can anyone help,

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 30: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 30: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 31: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 31: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 32: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 32: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 33: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 33: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 34: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 34: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 35: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 35: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 36: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 36: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 37: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 37: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Parachat Plugin for phpBB3

Post by KevC »

You need to post in the topic where you got it.

It looks like your account doesn't have permission to access something that the MOD wants.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Grumpykitty

Post by Grumpykitty »

I"m actually having the same issue. I have spoken with Support over at Parachat, they have directed me here. So all I need is to fix it. If you could help me that would be awesome.

Kitty
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this has nothing to do with phpbb. that error above is saying that the user trying to access the database does not have permission to do so.
I have never heard of parachat, but I would assume that somewhere in the install process it asks for your database name/username/password so it can access the database. If you are getting that same error as above, then whatever you put in those fields during the parachat install is not correct.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Grumpykitty

Post by Grumpykitty »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:this has nothing to do with phpbb. that error above is saying that the user trying to access the database does not have permission to do so.
I have never heard of parachat, but I would assume that somewhere in the install process it asks for your database name/username/password so it can access the database. If you are getting that same error as above, then whatever you put in those fields during the parachat install is not correct.

robert
Actually it does Robert. Parachat.com check it out, they made a Mod for this forum. I have asked them about that they told me to come here. So, I'm only doing as I was told. :lol:
Lumpy Burgertushie

did you download the phpbb plugin for it?
personally, I wouldn't associate with a site that pops up so many different windows that it is hard to dismiss them all and see what is on the page. also, you can't do anything without creating an account.

just bad business. anyway, if you have some instructions about how to use the phpbb plugin etc. then send them to me in a PM and I will see what I can come up with.

hopefully you did not pay for this. there are plenty of chats around for phpbb that are easy to install and work just fine.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Grumpykitty

Post by Grumpykitty »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:did you download the phpbb plugin for it?
personally, I wouldn't associate with a site that pops up so many different windows that it is hard to dismiss them all and see what is on the page. also, you can't do anything without creating an account.

just bad business. anyway, if you have some instructions about how to use the phpbb plugin etc. then send them to me in a PM and I will see what I can come up with.

hopefully you did not pay for this. there are plenty of chats around for phpbb that are easy to install and work just fine.

robert

Actually they are a good company and I enjoy them. Fast service with support easy when it comes to the monthly payments with a good chat, only pay 30 for what I need. As for the plug in.. no, that is free, in fact they have a few plugins for a couple of other forums as well.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

They're not that good that they support their product, obviously.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Lumpy Burgertushie

the point here is that it is not a phpbb issue at all. if you need to know how to install and operate software from them, you go to them. If they tell you that you should come here, then the person telling you that does not have a clue about what the error message means.

luck,
robert

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

trace1301t wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 30: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'lesbianc'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Code: Select all

$db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['enable']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'enable_parachat';");
Oh holy god Nooooooooooo!!

The module is, quite simply, crap.

mysql_real_escape_string has absolutely zero to do with phpBB. Have parachat fix their crappy code.

PS they haven't coded it to be an extension...at all.
The chat.php and chatauth.php files should be uploaded to the root of your phpBB installation.
Uhmmm, no it should be handled via a controller.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

RMcGirr83 wrote:PS they haven't coded it to be an extension...at all.
There are no extensions in 3.0 ;) If you read the http://service.parachat.com/knowledgeba ... hpBB3.html, the instruction are for a 3.0 board (like this 4½ years old topic :roll: )
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Whoops, I wish these forums would just close ;)
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Grumpykitty

Post by Grumpykitty »

That would be your opinion which you have the right to say but I'm rather fond of Parachat. But this is what I'm getting.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 45: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 45: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 46: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 46: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 47: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 47: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 48: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 48: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 49: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 49: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 50: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 50: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 51: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 51: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 52: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_parachat.php on line 52: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
And this is the includes/acp/acp_parachat.php.

<?php

class acp_parachat
{

var $u_action;
    var $new_config;

function main($id, $mode)
    {
        global $db, $user, $auth, $template;
        global $config, $phpbb_root_path, $phpbb_admin_path, $phpEx, $table_prefix;

// Run SQL queries if parachat table doesn't exist
        $result = $db->sql_query("SHOW TABLES LIKE '" . $table_prefix . "parachat'");
        if (!$result->num_rows) {
            $db->sql_query("
                CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `" . $table_prefix . "parachat`
                (
                    `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    `setting` varchar(32) NOT NULL,
                    `value` text NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
                ) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=9;");
            $db->sql_query("
                INSERT INTO `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` (`id`, `setting`, `value`) VALUES
                    (1, 'enable_parachat', '0'),
                    (2, 'site_id', ''),
                    (3, 'custom_applet_url', ''),
                    (4, 'room_width', '600'),
                    (5, 'room_height', '400'),
                    (6, 'default_room', 'Lobby'),
                    (7, 'additional_params', ''),
                    (8, 'allow_guests', '0');
            ");
        }

switch ($mode) {
            case 'index':
                $this->page_title = 'ACP_PARACHAT';
                $this->tpl_name = 'acp_parachat';

if ($_POST['submit']) {
                    $_POST['enable_parachat'] = (@$_POST['enable_parachat'] == "on") ? "1" : "0";
                    $_POST['allow_guests'] = (@$_POST['allow_guests'] == "on") ? "1" : "0";
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['enable']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'enable_parachat';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['site_id']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'site_id';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['applet_url']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'custom_applet_url';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['width']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'room_width';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['height']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'room_height';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['room']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'default_room';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['params']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'additional_params';");
                    $db->sql_query("UPDATE `" . $table_prefix . "parachat` SET `value` = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['allow_guests']) . "' WHERE `setting` = 'allow_guests';");
                }

$result = $db->sql_query("SELECT `setting`,`value` FROM `" . $table_prefix . "parachat`");
                $settings = array();
                while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) {
                    $settings[$row['setting']] = $row['value'];
                }

$template->assign_vars(array(
                    'ENABLE' => $settings['enable_parachat'],
                    'SITE_ID' => $settings['site_id'],
                    'APPLET_URL' => $settings['custom_applet_url'],
                    'WIDTH' => $settings['room_width'],
                    'HEIGHT' => $settings['room_height'],
                    'ROOM' => $settings['default_room'],
                    'PARAMS' => $settings['additional_params'],
                    'ALLOW_GUESTS' => $settings['allow_guests'])
                );
                break;
        }

}
}

?>
I would like to have this working on my forum please and I do believe I owe someone an apology, they know who they are. I was having a bad week and was very frustrated. I could never figured out how to work that even with my updated forum which is now 3.0.14 I do not like the current version because it does not have the OP Mod Or View Arthur only which is what I need.

Thank you
Kitty.
Lumpy Burgertushie

you see this in the error: Access denied for user 'ensignred'@'localhost' ?

as mentioned above, that error means that your parachat file(s) need to access the database. whatever information you used for database username/password or database name etc., is apparently wrong. therefore, this is not a phpbb issue, it is an issue with the parachat installation or the phpbb plugin installation etc.

we have no idea about how parachat works or what it needs etc. the person that created this software and /or the plugin is the one you need to ask about this.

If their support will not help you then I suggest either asking for a higher level of support from their site, or simply not using this software if the company refuses to work with you to make it function properly.

luck,
robert

Grumpykitty

Post by Grumpykitty »

Ok thank you. You made it much clearer. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”