[Discuss] Preventing Spam in phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
pjdm
Name: Paul Miller

Re: [Discuss] Preventing Spam in phpBB3

Post by pjdm » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:find a question that any human can answer
I understand your point but I don't want "any human". I want people who are familiar with the subject matter or willing to figure it out.

I did try the logo thing, colour, third letter etc. I found that once the answer was broken I was flooded. There seems to be a network that distributes weak entry points. Once I enabled tougher questions and a few more roadblocks and requirements it worked. I change my answers every few months if I notice more than the occasional pass-through.

I'm willing to give an legitimate registrant a few opportunities to figure out my aviation quizzes. I would not want to turn someone away just because they don't know how many connecting rods are in a Lancair Evolution airplane engine and that was my only question. :D

skybound

Re: [Discuss] Preventing Spam in phpBB3

Post by skybound » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:53 am

From one Aviation site owner to another, give StopForumSpam a go. We dropped the Q&A when we implemented it with no adverse affect.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”