Bigdump "page unavailable or wrong url" error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DBM

Bigdump "page unavailable or wrong url" error

Post by DBM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.9
What is your board's URL? http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/forum/
Who do you host your board with? unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.8
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? I have moved from my old hosting at justhostme.co.uk to unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk today. I have uploaded the forum file backups and have been attempting to import the database backup with Bigdump. Unfortunately I am getting "page unavailable or wrong url" error messages and then the import aborts.
Please describe your problem. I have googled for solutions to this and the only solution I have seen so far is to change the $linespersession variable from 3000 to 500. This does not work for me.

I have seen a thread about a similar problem at viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2162491 - unfortunately Lumpy Burgertushie's suggested solution of increasing the variable to 4000 doesn't work for me either.

I am using the very latest version of BigDump, 0.34b. I was careful to follow the instructions exactly for the SQL backup. I am aware that I should be using the latest version of phpBB but I haven't even got that far yet, as I can't upload the database successfully. I have used Bigdump since 2005 to transfer my phpBB board from one host to the other and this is the first time I have ever had this problem.
Generated by SRT Generator

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Bigdump "page unavailable or wrong url" error

Post by KevC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm

What's the exact message? It sounds like you haven't got the files where you think you have.

You should have your .sql file and the bigdump.php in the same folder.
In your browser just go to yoursite.com/thefoldername
You'll see the bigdump.php file.
Click that and it'll start up and ask you to select the database. Then, as long as the info in the digdump file is right, it'll import it.

Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Kevin Clark wrote:What's the exact message? It sounds like you haven't got the files where you think you have.

You should have your .sql file and the bigdump.php in the same folder.
In your browser just go to yoursite.com/thefoldername
You'll see the bigdump.php file.
Click that and it'll start up and ask you to select the database. Then, as long as the info in the digdump file is right, it'll import it.

Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
It does start to import it and phpMyadmin does show that a number of tables have been imported. Then it stops dead, saying: ""page unavailable or wrong url" error"

I then get "Error at the line 1586: INSERT INTO `olymp_acl_options` (`auth_option_id`, `auth_option`, `is_global`, `is_local`, `founder_only`) VALUES(1, 'f_', 0, 1, 0);"

("olymp_" is the prefix I use instead of phpbb_)

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Ah, couple of things in the KB article that I haven't tried yet. I haven't changed the CHMOD to 777 and I haven't altered the $delaypersession variable either (although this isn't something I have ever had to alter in the past).

Will give those a whirl though.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 pm

You might have to ask the bigdump site about that one then.

I wonder if it's timing out. Did you do the export with completed inserts ticked? That usually gets around that problem.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Kevin Clark wrote:You might have to ask the bigdump site about that one then.

I wonder if it's timing out. Did you do the export with completed inserts ticked? That usually gets around that problem.
I followed the instructions for the newer versions of phpMyadmin (which recommends that the "include column names in every INSERT statement" option is selected).

Incidentally, I've put in the correct CHMOD settings (which may have been the cause of the problem here - d'oh!) and added a 300ms delay as well. It seems to be progressing more smoothly now (fingers crossed).

I hope this does work, as I no longer have access to my old hosts - they may have already wiped the account for all I know. :(

UPDATE: "Congratulations: End of file reached, assuming OK" (phew!)

Now I need to update the config.php file to check the transfer has worked.

DBM

Post by DBM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:08 pm

It appears to be working, although I need to do a few tweaks like restoring the original .htaccess to get it working properly.

Thanks for your help, Kevin! :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”