why cant my founders or admins post stickies announcements s

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
kirkt02

why cant my founders or admins post stickies announcements s

Post by kirkt02 »

Man this is crazy, what is going on with my permissions.

For some reason, founders accounts with full permissions can no longer post stickies announcements or global announcements.
How is this possible everything thing is set for full permissions for all forums.

I checked it a million times, i dont understand it, i am constantly having to change permissions because one min it works the next min it dont.

the other day my founding account could not even edit post, now no admins seem to be able to post stickies or announcements or even the founders.. what am i doing wrong.

I really need to get this worked out this is stupid, everything was fine only 20 min ago and i dint change nothing now all of the sudden FOUNDERS cant even post stickies or announcements.

Can someone please explain what the problem may be, it makes no sense to me what so ever, it is to my understanding founders have all permissions by default so how it is even possible
kirkt02

[split] Loss of Sticky/Announcement/Global Announcement option

Post by kirkt02 »

same thing just happened to me to.
not even my my main founders account can post stickies or announcements.
all the forums permissions set to full accesses as well as the admin group.

How can the main founder lose permissions, it makes no sense at all
Cpt. Blackbeard

Re: why cant my founders or admins post stickies announcemen

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

Keep them in the Global Moderator Group.
kirkt02

Post by kirkt02 »

i tried it makes no difference ?

Plus my i am not allowing my global mods to post stickies or announcements anyway.

Something is wrong.

because look all the forum permissions are set for full accesses for admins.
for every board/forum i have. right now i am logged in with the main founder account.

see now here is the odd part, i have a staff office and the admins founder can post stickies and announcements in there.
But no other sections, so i dont get it. the permissions are clearly set correct for each forum to allow stickies and announcements,

so how can i did it in once section , but not the other sections when the permissions are set ,
plus i am logged in the main founder account so that should have all permissions by default.
there is no where to change a main founder accounts permissions, what gives?

Info added

Yeah i am lost, i am ready to just shoot my self, you do not even know how much work and time i have putting punting in to this thing.

I have a section called the office for staff.. it is a staff section of the forum.
I ca npost stickies and announcements on them boards only.

But all the forum permissions are set to do so for the other boards and it is not even showing the options when i go to make anew post in them sections

So what am i supposed to do to fix this.

And once again even me logged in the main founder account i can not post stickies or announcement anywhere but the stupid office boards.

will i lose all my new members withing the last 24 hours if i try to do a restore back to yesterday when all was working fine? I honestly do not understand how this even happened, ii dint change anything

here is a shot of the rules section.. no sickie or announcement options?

then here is a shot of my staff section when creating a post
the options are there

And once again i am logged in with the main founder account and you clearly see in the first screen shot the forum permissions for rules section and all other boards are set correctly/full accesses
kirkt02

Post by kirkt02 »

i don't know if this is whats causing it or not?

the admin is the main founder account

How to i remove these members including admin out of this?
it is the only thing i can think thats interfering with my problem, but don't know how to get them out of this?

Info added

Ok i really think this is whats causing it?
I just added one of my moderator accounts as a admin, and they are not in the list above and can post stickies and announcements everywhere, So it has to be cause those three members including the founding admin is in that list.

I honestly don't know how this got this way, and i have no clue how to remove them from this :(
Last edited by kirkt02 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Loss of Sticky/Announcement/Global Announcement option

Post by Oyabun1 »

Please don't cross post in other topics about the same issue.

Permissions are stacked. A Never overrides a Yes, which in turn overrides a No. Permissions from one group can therefore override the permissions gained from another group a user is a member of.

For example, if an admin is in both the Registered Users and the Admin group, as is usual, then if the permission is set to Never for the Registered Users group that will override the Yes from the Admin group. Use the Permission Masks facility to make sure the permission of one group are not overriding those from another.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
kirkt02

Re: Loss of Sticky/Announcement/Global Announcement option

Post by kirkt02 »

Oyabun1 wrote:Please don't cross post in other topics about the same issue.

Permissions are stacked. A Never overrides a Yes, which in turn overrides a No. Permissions from one group can therefore override the permissions gained from another group a user is a member of.

For example, if an admin is in both the Registered Users and the Admin group, as is usual, then if the permission is set to Never for the Registered Users group that will override the Yes from the Admin group. Use the Permission Masks facility to make sure the permission of one group are not overriding those from another.
what, i am not sure if i am followingthat correctly.

Can it be this?

i don't know if this is whats causing it or not?

the admin is the main founder account
How to i remove these members including admin out of this?
it is the only thing i can think thats interfering with my problem, but don't know how to get them out of this?

Ok i really think this is whats causing it?
I just added one of my moderator accounts as a admin, and they are not in the list above and can post stickies and announcements everywhere, So it has to be cause those three members including the founding admin is in that list.

I honestly don't know how this got this way, and i have no clue how to remove them from this :(

Oh that is in the permissions mask like you was saying
But how do i get them out of this, once again i just made one of my mod accounts to a admin,and they can post stickies and announcements everywhere and they are not in that list above either
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

The permission masks are only for viewing permission not for changing them. You could use Forum Based Permissions > Forum permissions
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
kirkt02

Post by kirkt02 »

Oyabun1 wrote:The permission masks are only for viewing permission not for changing them. You could use Forum Based Permissions > Forum permissions

So then they are appearing in that list because they are in as members section in form based permissions.
I need to know how to make it so they are no longer showing in that list above.

I don't know how they got in there to being with, so need to know how to remove them from appearing in there.

info added

Ok man i think i may it now, what a mess man.
i only like close to 130 boards set up and more to come, so even with the ability to copy permissions it takes a few min, so i am sure you can understand how aggravating it can be when you have to go and double check or re-do then over and over.

But thank you very much i do Aprilette your help, i am glad i dint go restoring it , anyway think i got it now, if
Thanx again
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

It should be noted that posting stickies and announcements is not an administrative permission to begin with.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”