surfsup wrote:well, since my last post i have had a spammer register.
No registrations all day.
Has a spammer registered or not?
I'm still 100% spam free. This is working well.
My solution is simple yet complex or impossible for a bot to solve:
1) image with no text reference to the answer in the Q&A question itself (the subject of the question and answer are totally random) - example, "what is the most famous brand of guitar amp built by Mr. Leo ------". This question can be narrowed down by a bot to the eventual answer "fender". A bot sees "brand' "amp" "guitar" and starts populating: marshall, fender, etc until it hits.
2) the image is difficult to read, multiple colors and texts embedded and skewed in Photoshop help - the answer is only a portion unlike captcha which is only displaying the actual text to enter and can be broken.
3) the question in the Q&A is the first half of the clue, directing user to another page on the site
4) the other page finishes the question, referencing the answer loosely
5) answer is not a "real" word like "lake" or "fender" or "guitar" or "surfing", it is a jumbled code
6) this process is impossible for a bot to answer
7) a human has to spend extra time to do it, not too much but enough to make a spammer work for it
8) two tries allowed in the ACP - that's it...
In thinking about this, I believe this is impossible to crack (for a bot) unless someone spent the time to do it.