Page 1 of 1

sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm
by eeji
I am replicating my site on localhost in readiness for a local update to 3.0.11 but when I try to import my db via phpmyadmin I get the following message:

Code: Select all

Error

SQL query:

/*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;

MySQL said: 
#1231 - Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set to the value of 'NULL' 
Any ideas?

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 am
by Oyabun1
If you run this query for the database what does it return?

Code: Select all

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character%'

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am
by eeji

Code: Select all

Variable_name 	Value
character_set_client 	utf8
character_set_connection 	utf8
character_set_database 	latin1
character_set_filesystem 	binary
character_set_results 	utf8
character_set_server 	latin1
character_set_system 	utf8
character_sets_dir 	/opt/lampp/share/charsets/
Its not an important issue, I managed to run the update succesfully

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 am
by Oleg
What are the first 15 and last 15 lines of the dump file?

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm
by eeji
first 15:

Code: Select all

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 3.4.11.1
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Dec 05, 2012 at 04:48 PM
-- Server version: 5.5.28
-- PHP Version: 5.2.17

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";
SET time_zone = "+00:00";


/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
last 15:

Code: Select all

(3815, 3091, 1, 0),
(3296, 114, 1, 0),
(3809, 3853, 1, 0),
(3915, 1726, 1, 0),
(3915, 854, 1, 0),
(3927, 3313, 1, 0),
(3962, 670, 1, 0),
(3338, 3199, 1, 0),
(2817, 670, 1, 0),
(1045, 4083, 1, 0),
(4083, 1045, 1, 0);

/*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET COLLATION_CONNECTION=@OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION */;

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm
by Oleg
I expected the variable sets to be missing in the beginning but they are not. Don't know what the issue is.

Re: sql error importing db to localhost

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm
by eeji
thanks for taking the time to look into it. Its no biggie, it was only while I did my offline update :)