Disable Moderator Approval?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
zzafio

Disable Moderator Approval?

Post by zzafio »

I have run one forum for years where people join/post/reply etc without any need for approval (except joining, of course).

On a more recent forum I see that some members' posts require approval before they are publicly viewable. I find this extremely annoying, but can't find any way to 'switch off' this feature. The forum is here:
http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/qa

I want ALL members to be able to post and reply freely in all the forums and sub-forums. Both sites are fully up-to-date, v 3.0.11.

Any ideas please?
"Don't write dirty words on walls
if you can't spell ..." (Tom Lehrer
)
Cpt. Blackbeard

Re: Disable Moderator Approval?

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

Sounds like you may have Newly Registered Users on, look in User Registration settings under the General Tab, make sure you put 0 in the box for New member post limit.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Cpt. Blackbeard wrote:Sounds like you may have Newly Registered Users on, look in User Registration settings under the General Tab, make sure you put 0 in the box for New member post limit.
And then remove everyone from the newly registered users group
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
zzafio

Post by zzafio »

Thanks. I think I fixed the User Registration Settings some time in the past... but it was the continued presence in the Newly Registered Group that was causing the confusion for me.

Thank again for the five minutes fix!
"Don't write dirty words on walls
if you can't spell ..." (Tom Lehrer
)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”