Incomplete upgrade?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
GibsonLP

Incomplete upgrade?

Post by GibsonLP » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Hello.
I recently upgraded from 3.0.6 to 3.0.11.

I have a few simple mods installed, so what I normally do is to reapply my mods on a fresh installation of the latest version, then put the upgrade system and upgrade from the old version to the new version - (ONLY DB upgrade, I quit when it asks me to merge the files, etc...) and I then just overwrite the files with the new patched files (I basically move the old folder, put the brand new one, copy the configuration and move the uploaded files...)
It worked fine for up until now.
when I upgraded from 3.0.6 to 3.0.11 everything seems to be working fine (it does, actually) the main admin page says that I have 3.0.11 but admin/system tab shows that I still run 3.0.6.
Did I simply miss on a simple step in the upgrade process? the DB upgrade seems to be okay as the forum is running for a month now with no issues at all...

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Incomplete upgrade?

Post by KevC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Rerun the database_update.php file.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

GibsonLP

Post by GibsonLP » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 pm

I just noticed that I already had this problem before:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=944555

EDIT: Thanks Kevin, I will do that. missed your post while I was replying to myself...
Is it safe to re-run the database upgrade script on an already upgraded database? (didn't the regular upgrade just run it before?)

Thanks again.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Yes it's fine to run it again. If there's nothing to change it'll say so.

If you ran it under the auto update we do sometimes see instances where it doesn't seem to 'take'.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”