Help With Slow Queries Generated by from pbpBB?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Oleg
Former Team Member

Re: Help With Slow Queries Generated by from pbpBB?

Post by Oleg » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm

You need to enable the slow query log in mysql if you have not already, and then review the queries logged there along with time taken and rows examined.

The most important metric is time taken. Start with queries taking over 1 second. By itself 2,000 examined rows is not necessarily an issue that needs attention.
Participate in phpBB development: Get involved | Issue tracker | Report a bug | Development board | [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/phpbb-dev]Development IRC chat[/url]
My stuff: mindlinkgame.com

rick5150

Post by rick5150 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Thank you - I have done this and have been getting slow query reports since mid-January. I found this article to help narrow things down.

http://www.webdevstuff.com/112/optimizi ... eries.html

Problem is that it ends there and I do not know what to do with the information once I have it. :oops:

Oleg
Former Team Member

Post by Oleg » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Post it here.
Participate in phpBB development: Get involved | Issue tracker | Report a bug | Development board | [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/phpbb-dev]Development IRC chat[/url]
My stuff: mindlinkgame.com

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”