Moderator Rank not showing up

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Pangaea

Re: Moderator Rank not showing up

Post by Pangaea »

Thanks so much folks.. this is a big help.. and yes i was aware that special ranks are just labels and have no relationship to user permissions.
I think im finally starting to get me head around how this whole system works now.
Its still a bit fiddly to setup. tho.. but ill get there in the end :)

top job guys
Nux

Post by Nux »

So what is the point assigning rank to a group if users of this group do not get this rank? Is it a bug or a feature that users assign to a group do not receive it's rank?

EDIT: Scratch that. I've notice I have to go to the groups forum and set default group.
My page: DOM, Javascript, SQL - tips&scripts (mostly in Polish, sorry ;))
wkitty42

Post by wkitty42 »

Nux wrote:So what is the point assigning rank to a group if users of this group do not get this rank? Is it a bug or a feature that users assign to a group do not receive it's rank?

EDIT: Scratch that. I've notice I have to go to the groups forum and set default group.
NOTE: users can also select their default group in the UCP... this allows them to select which group colors they want to fly when others see their posts or profile... i think this is controlled by a setting but i'm not totally sure about that...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

- Richard Cook
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

wkitty42 wrote:i think this is controlled by a setting but i'm not totally sure about that...
Yes, it is controlled by the global Can change default usergroup permission which, by default, is set to No for the Registered Users group and therefore, unless changed, it is an option that will not be available to most users.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”