Not sending notification emails when a reply is posted

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
yogi3

Not sending notification emails when a reply is posted

Post by yogi3 »

My forum www.pronas.pl using version 3.0.12 and not sending notification emails when a reply is posted. I am using SMTP server, I setup package size to 0, I changed queue time to 6 seconds, I also tried to comment flush in cron.php, nothing helped.

Sending mass e-mails working withot any issue, as well as registration confirmation and PW notification. Strange is that I cannot see queue.php in cache folder.

Any idea what else can I do to make it run ?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Not sending notification emails when a reply is posted

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

are you subscribed to the topic or the forum?

are you expecting a new email for every reply to the topic? that is not how it works. you only get one email no matter how many replies were made to the topic since you were there last.

once you visit the topic you will get a new email when there are any new replies to the topic.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
yogi3

Post by yogi3 »

I checked "Notify me when a reply is posted" and yes I know how it should work, problem is that I never ever get even single e-mail that was sent as notification.

You can register on my forum and create test topic, then I will reply for it, and then you will see that you will not receive notification e-mail from my forum.

Any idea what else should I do to make it work ?
yogi3

Post by yogi3 »

Anyone can help ?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

You are using phpBB-SEO which is a fork of phpBB we do not support. You would need to seek support by following the link in the footer of your board.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
yogi3

Post by yogi3 »

Just let me know which part of code is responisble for sending notification emails when a reply is posted. If I know that I will be able to compare it with fresh installation maybe this is a way to found solution for me?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

The point is that phpBB-SEO is substantially different to the standard product, that is why we can't support it.

Very little in phpBB is done with a single piece of code. In standard phpBB notifications are mainly handled by /posting.php and /includes/functions_messenger.php
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
yogi3

Post by yogi3 »

I made some test, I copied files you mention to my forum but it didn`t solved the problem, so I changed config.php in fresh phpbb to force it to connect to pronas.pl database. Then I checked emails notification and now I can confirm it is working. So I am sure that problem is not related to data base or to server, it is for sure code issue. Question is where is the bug, like I told you I overwrited old files that you mention by fresh files but it not solved my problem. So maybe there is other code that can be related to my problem. Is there any way to debug it ?
no_comment

Post by no_comment »

I have this problem with all my forums:
http://3sudest.eu.org
My version is 3.0.14. :(
Last edited by bonelifer on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed WAREZ link

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”