CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Lukage

CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.

Post by Lukage » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Searching hasn't helped at all, but I've removed and recreated countless users and databases and reconfigured ODBC. I cannot get my installation to finish. The tested connection works fine, but once it tries to write, I get this odd message that cites the master database despite creating a "phpbb" database. Any suggestions? It seems this has gone unresolved on multiple occasions.

A fatal and unrecoverable database error has occurred. This may be because the specified user does not have appropriate permissions to CREATE TABLES or INSERT data, etc. Further information may be given below. Please contact your hosting provider in the first instance or the support forums of phpBB for further assistance.

install_install.php [ 1177 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE [phpbb_attachments] ( [attach_id] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [post_msg_id] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [topic_id] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [in_message] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [poster_id] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [is_orphan] [int] DEFAULT (1) NOT NULL , [physical_filename] [varchar] (255) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL , [real_filename] [varchar] (255) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL , [download_count] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [attach_comment] [varchar] (4000) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL , [extension] [varchar] (100) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL , [mimetype] [varchar] (100) DEFAULT ('') NOT NULL , [filesize] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [filetime] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL , [thumbnail] [int] DEFAULT (0) NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY]

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.

Post by Brf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Lukage wrote:CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.
Why are you connecting to "master"? You should be connecting to your phpBB database, whatever that is.

Lukage

Post by Lukage » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Brf wrote:
Lukage wrote:CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.
Why are you connecting to "master"? You should be connecting to your phpBB database, whatever that is.
Right, as I said, I've selected and confirmed it tested fine to "phpbb" database and am trying to figure out why (as many people before) have identified its trying to write to "master."

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Then the ODBC connector you are specifying in the install is not setup correctly, or the username/password you are specifying does not have the correct permissions to that database. Make sure you are specifying the correct default database in the connector and you are using database username security and not NT Domain integrated security.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”