PHPBB files where statistics are stored

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
techman41973

PHPBB files where statistics are stored

Post by techman41973 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 am

I temporarily moved my PHPBB site to a Virtual Private Server and I'm currently transitioning back to a shared server after about 3-weeks.
I'm trying to understand where PHPBB stores statistics and other data so I know which files to copy back. I didn't change any code or templates.
I did add a few posts and my site/forum statistics certainly have changed as users hit on specific topics.
Is everything mostly stored in the PHPBB database? Or are their log files that get updated with site/forum statistics that I should backup and restore
back to my shared server. Right now I'm just planning to export the database on my VPS account, delete and database on my shared server and then import
the new database onto the shared server.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: PHPBB files where statistics are stored

Post by Brf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:02 am

PhpBB does not store any data in files. It is all in the database.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: PHPBB files where statistics are stored

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:04 am

The files never change, other than backup files and avatars and attachments. It is all in the DB.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”