Forum permissions change problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
VaasCARV3R

Forum permissions change problem

Post by VaasCARV3R »

Hi.

I'm having very strange problem I haven't encountered before.

When I try to change forum permissions (Forum Based Permissions > Forum permissions), select all forums, change permissions for all forums to my needs, and then click Apply All Permissions, sometimes it doesn't applies them, and sometimes it's showing some "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." error. This happens when I just only select All Forums. If I try to edit permissions for every forum separately, there's no problem, but if I select All Forums, then it happens. I've recently installed two mods with success, but I've not tried to change permissions before I do that because I didn't need to. What can cause this problem? Can these two mods caused this because they add couple of new permissions?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Forum permissions change problem

Post by Brf »

The default PHP maximum post size will only handle like 5 forums at once.
VaasCARV3R

Post by VaasCARV3R »

Oh, that was it?

But I don't remember this happened before as I've used to set more of the forum permissions with "All Forums" option many times.
Seibertron

Post by Seibertron »

I'm experiencing this identical problem with the permissions. I haven't experienced this problem in the past until a recent upgrade in the past year. Not sure what was changed to resolve this problem.
Seibertron.com
http://www.seibertron.com
The Ultimate Transformers Fansite
CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 »

Same problem here. Trying to change user forum permissions to put user on approval for all forums.

Have done it many times before, now getting a "the submitted form is invalid" error.

Did manage to put the user on approval for one forum only.

We have a lot of forums, I don't want to have to do this one forum at a time, every time someone needs to be put on approval. :?

I do not think it is related to an upgrade because I put 2 members on approval Feb 1, 2014 and we have not upgraded since then.

We did move to a different host.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

CarolC1 wrote:We did move to a different host.
Then, most likely, the new host has lower server settings than the previous one.

It is usually far more efficient to assign permissions on a group basis. Rather than individually placing a user on post approval for every forum you create a group with that permission set to Never for each forum. It may take a while for the initial setup if you have a lot of forums. But, then it becomes simply a matter of adding or removing a user from the group to change their posting permissions for all forums.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 »

Thank you, BOTH items of information are a big help. Really appreciate it. Thanks again!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”