User Control Panel

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mals69

User Control Panel

Post by mals69 »

Customized UCP by removing some of the options on the front page, usergroups, friends and foes etc

Would like to reinstate some of the options.

Can someone please tell me what file contains the list of options (remember when removed long time ago took long time to find the file)

Cheers

mals69
mals69

Structure of phpBB3 files

Post by mals69 »

Is there anything like http://www.phpbbdoctor.com/doc_files.php for phpBB3 ? Assuming the link is for phpBB2

Or could someone please explain how the files are structured ?

After years of trial and error if nothing exists as a reference could we pool our knowledge together and come up with something ? Could save massive amounts of questions having to be answered.

As an example I am trying to reinstate some of the options in the UCP on the front page that I removed - usergroups etc

Using view-source the following code is shown - I search cp-mini using notepad++ but none
of the results lead me to the required file. If I recall I think what I'm after is in one of the
language files, is every displayed wording that site visitors see in the language files ?

How do you the experts in here "Do it" ?

(All over the place topic this one - tired from trying to do my best and around and around the files I go - again and again ......)

Code: Select all

<h2>User Control Panel</h2>

<div style="width: 100%;">

<div id="cp-menu">
		<div class="cp-mini" id="navigation">
                <ul>
		                <li class="active-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=163" class="first-row"><span> Overview</span></a></div></li>
                                        <li class="active-subsection"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=main&mode=front" class="first-row"><span>Front page</span></a></div></li>
                                            <li class="inactive-subsection"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed"><span>Manage subscriptions</span></a></div></li>
                                            <li class="inactive-subsection"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=main&mode=bookmarks"><span>Manage bookmarks</span></a></div></li>
                                            <li class="inactive-subsection"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=main&mode=drafts"><span>Manage drafts</span></a></div></li>
                                            <li class="inactive-subsection"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=attachments&mode=attachments" class="last-row"><span>Manage attachments</span></a></div></li>
                                    <li class="inactive-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=164"><span>Profile</span></a></div></li>
                            <li class="inactive-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=165"><span>Board preferences</span></a></div></li>
                            <li class="inactive-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=166"><span>Private messages</span></a></div></li>
                            <li class="inactive-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=167"><span>Usergroups</span></a></div></li>
                            <li class="inactive-section"><div><a href="./ucp.php?i=168" class="last-row"><span>Friends & Foes</span></a></div></li>
                    </ul>
        		</div>
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Structure of phpBB3 files

Post by Brf »

Those "options" are in ACP / System / Modules / UCP
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

While this dowsn't cover everything, it covers the style side of things: phpBB3 Styles' files list
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

He is asking how to reinstate a UCP page. That is not in a file.
mals69

Post by mals69 »

Cheers for the link Daniel - much appreciated

BRF being too eager beaver at the time I removed the respective coding - I was foolish and did not take the time to investigate if it was an option to simply switch off the options
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: User Control Panel

Post by Oyabun1 »

mals69 wrote:Customized UCP by removing some of the options on the front page, usergroups, friends and foes etc
Assuming you were sensible and just disabled the modules rather than editing files.
Admin Control Panel > SYSTEM > Module Management > User Control Panel >
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
mals69

Post by mals69 »

No were not sensible - edited the files, was foolishly eager to get on with things and did not investigate at the time if the options could be turned off. Also recalled at the time coming from phpBB2 that in some instances options could be turned off but users could still see the option was installed, understand now things move on in all areas with each release.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”