Logout options...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
drdeputy

Logout options...

Post by drdeputy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

First, I'm still a rookie at php. Second, I have searched here for a solution and I'm not finding it.

Problem: All I want is for phpBB to return the user to the URL where they were when they chose to log in to phpBB. In my particular case, they are in a password-protected area of a web site with the phpBB forum as an option to go to. phpBB resides in that same protected area on the server. When they logout of phpBB, I just want them sent back to either exactly that page or to any page specified by me. As it is, when they logout, phpBB just sits there and they have to manually enter a return URL or they have to back out manually a silly number of times to get back to the originating website. Either is exceedingly clumsy.

It seems like this should be a simple option built into phpBB. If it is, again, I can't find it. If not, surely someone would have a resolution to this seemingly simple (in concept) issue.

If there is a mod, I have never attempted one of those, but at least I would have a starting place.

Help? :?:

Thanks....

Татьяна5
Name: Tatiana

Re: Logout options...

Post by Татьяна5 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:01 pm

drdeputy

Post by drdeputy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Thank you. It looks like exactly what I need. Now I just need to figure out how to install a MOD! :)

Bolshoye Spacibo (I don't have cyrillic set up on this Mac)

Forrest

Татьяна5
Name: Tatiana

Post by Татьяна5 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:15 pm

how to install a MOD
How to Install MODs

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:22 pm

For installing MODs see:
Installing MODs the Right Way

[Tutorial] How to install a MODX modification
And/or Opening MODs and Installing MODs

AutoMOD is an automated tool that can be used for installing most recent MODs.
See also, Installing AutoMOD, and for how to use it, Installing MODs with AutoMOD.

You will need to use appropriate tools to make any manual changes and transfer files, see Tools needed to set up and customise phpBB.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

drdeputy

Post by drdeputy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks much for the extra info. I have tools, presumably FTP to get files onto or off of the server, and can deal with the included administrative options reasonably well. Just need a little handholding to install this MOD. I'll be happy to help myself if possible by reading over the new info.

Forrest

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:46 am

If you experience any issues with installing or using the MOD you should post in the discussion/support area for your MOD in Prime Login Return support.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

drdeputy

Post by drdeputy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Mick wrote:If you experience any issues with installing or using the MOD you should post in the discussion/support area for your MOD in Prime Login Return support.
Sadly, I did not find that the MOD had any effect at all. The board operates the same as before. And yes, I did try contacting people on the Prime Login Support forum, but got no response. Seems interest in it dropped off several years ago.

Another fellow (under my topic Custom Logout 3.0.x) years ago showed me how to modify the code in ucp.php to accomplish a simple redirect at logout, which is all I want. php'BB3 has changed since then and his fix no longer works either. Anyone know how to modify that file to get phpBB3 to direct to a specific URL at logout?

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”