DragonMaster1 wrote:I have a heavily modified PHPbb 304 that I would like to be able to remove all the mods and start it over with a new current version. However I would have to keep the posts
- Backup all board files and the database.
- Download the full package.
- Unzip to your desktop and open the phpBB3 folder.
- Remove (delete) the
config.php file, and the
/files folders from the package.
- Via FTP or SSH upload the remaining files and folders to the root of your board installation on the server overwriting the existing files.
- In your browser go to http://www.example.com/yourforum/instal ... update.php
- Let that run to completion.
- Via FTP or SSH delete the
/install folder from the root of your board installation.
You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts.
Only use a good FTP or SSH client, such as FileZilla
, to transfer the files. (File transfer utilities provided in host control panels can cause problems.)
Please note: Any 3rd party style (styles other than prosilver and subsilver2) will also require updating, style and board versions must match.