Heavily Modded 304 to current version

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Heavily Modded 304 to current version

Post by DragonMaster1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a heavily modified PHPbb 304 that I would like to be able to remove all the mods and start it over with a new current version. However I would have to keep the posts (at least) and maybe a few other things like sub forums. I can then add the new versions of the current mods I want to still keep since much that I have is built into the new board. Once I get the main posts etc over, I can add the revised icons and art. Thanks in Advance for any ideas that you can give to inspire me.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Heavily Modded 304 to current version

Post by Mick » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 pm

DragonMaster1 wrote:I have a heavily modified PHPbb 304 that I would like to be able to remove all the mods and start it over with a new current version. However I would have to keep the posts
Follow this:
  1. Backup all board files and the database.
  2. Download the full package.
  3. Unzip to your desktop and open the phpBB3 folder.
  4. Remove (delete) the config.php file, and the /images and /files folders from the package.
  5. Via FTP or SSH upload the remaining files and folders to the root of your board installation on the server overwriting the existing files.
  6. In your browser go to http://www.example.com/yourforum/instal ... update.php
  7. Let that run to completion.
  8. Via FTP or SSH delete the /install folder from the root of your board installation.
  9. Done.
You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts.

Only use a good FTP or SSH client, such as FileZilla, to transfer the files. (File transfer utilities provided in host control panels can cause problems.)

Please note: Any 3rd party style (styles other than prosilver and subsilver2) will also require updating, style and board versions must match.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

DragonMaster1

Post by DragonMaster1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 pm

I will still have a lot of database tables that are for old mods I don't need any more. These might interfere with the new revised up =to=date mods that I want to use. How do I know which ones to delete as some of the mods I now have I want to add back the current versions.

DragonMaster1

Post by DragonMaster1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:02 pm

By The Way.... use FETCH for Mac as that seems to work well for me on my Mac. I have used Filezilla but don't like the interface as well.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 pm

The Support Toolkit has a database cleaner tool to get rid of all MOD-related db entries.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

DragonMaster1

Post by DragonMaster1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:41 pm

That looks as though it might be just what I need!!!

I'll try a few test site duplications and see what happens and go from there

Thanks MUCH!!!

By The Way...your Blue Host link is GREAT
That is the best place on the entire net!!!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”