500 Error After Updating PHP to 5.5

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
cgingras

500 Error After Updating PHP to 5.5

Post by cgingras »

I have a phpBB forum on a 1&1 server. I updated the PHP version from version 5.2 to version 5.5 from the 1&1 admin interface and now, I can't get to the forum. I only get a «Error 500 - Internal Server Error» everytime I try to reach the forum at http://www.slotcarquebec.com.

I'm not very tech savvy (well, I am but not in phpBB or PHP) so I'm completely lost at what to do or try. Thanks for giving me tips on how I can solve this. Thank you very much.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: 500 Error After Updating PHP to 5.5

Post by Oyabun1 »

You will need to consult the error log on the server to see the error message.

The error log can sometimes be found in your hosting control panel or via FTP. If it’s not present there, you will have to request the latest log messages from your host.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

cgingras

Post by cgingras »

Thank you. I haven't been able to find logs in the hosting control panel. I'm connected via FTP to my account and I don't see anything that looks like a log. In what folder would they be? At the Forum level or at the root of my domain?

Anyone know where the 1and1 logs are located?

I have access to the .htaccess file. Could I change something in there to help?

cgingras

Post by cgingras »

I finally called 1and1 technical support and they changed something in the php.ini file and the forum came back to life. Thank you.

epesiete

Post by epesiete »

cgingras wrote:Thank you. I haven't been able to find logs in the hosting control panel. I'm connected via FTP to my account and I don't see anything that looks like a log. In what folder would they be? At the Forum level or at the root of my domain?

Anyone know where the 1and1 logs are located?

I have access to the .htaccess file. Could I change something in there to help?
Were are you from cgingras, i'm from Mexico also have 1&1 and they not have the answer.

cgingras

Post by cgingras »

I'm in Québec, QC, Canada. They just renamed some php.ini files so they would not be active anymore. It worked.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”