General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ridharezzag

General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Post by ridharezzag »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.12
What is your board's URL? http://www.nodjoom.com/
Who do you host your board with? .webhostinghub.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Please select your answer
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? i have more than 15 mods installed but i never get a problem from them they work all fine
What styles do you currently have installed? subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? arabic
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to phpBB but not PHP
When did your problem begin? i dont know but its was working fine 12 hour a go and i did some adjustment i added social icons to the header but every thing was okay an worked perfect i visited the board many times after and it was fine
Please describe your problem. im getting this message
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './nodjoo5_forum/phpbb_config' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Generated by SRT Generator

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

go to your hosting control panel, find phpmyadmin or whatever your host provides for database management.

find that table and check the box next to it. down at the bottom is a drop down list.

choose repair.

or, contact your host and ask them to repair it for you.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

ridharezzag

Post by ridharezzag »

:D thanks a lot robert and for all the team here
i did what you said it said table repaired when i visit the board i found the same error but an other table corrupted i did repair more than 9 tables one after the same way you teach me (this info is for others if they faced the same problem in the future ) and now my board works fine :D very happy frankly i was nervous from this error you just make it easy to fix thanks robert

i wish i could knew the reason for this error .

Lumpy Burgertushie

it sounds like your host is having a problem with their database servers. You should contact them and tell them what happened and what you had to do to fix it.
If it happens again, then you really will need to contact them.

also, right now, go make a complete database backup.
https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/transf ... or-domain/

use the information in that article about how to backup the database using phpmyadmin.

you should do a regular backup for a while just in case the database server crashes and you lose it all.

you should really do a regular backup anyway.

regular would be however often you are comfortable with considering the number of posts/members per day/week/month etc.

luck,
robert

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

ridharezzag wrote:i wish i could knew the reason for this error .
Your host's database server crashed and corrupted all of the open tables.

cleverwise
Name: Jeremy

Post by cleverwise »

One of the many reasons MyISAM is a poor database engine for mainline/transaction sites. Yes phpBB is transactional in that lot of writes occur due to posting. This isn't a catalog system. To many php applications use MyISAM like many shopping carts which is crazy. No ACID support.

InnoDB or TokuDB are far better engines. Perfect? No, but they have auto recovery built in, ACID abilities (although some argue not full/true ACID), allow for row locking instead of table lock, offer better performance if tweaked right.

However TokuDB has many advantages over InnoDB in that it offers far better compression (5x or more), 20x the performance, and requires little tweaking.
Respectfully,
Jeremy

DevOPs - Linux Admin, PHP Developer, Oracle DBA OCP Training
Display phpBB statistics on WordPress (Read more...)

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

cleverwise wrote:However TokuDB has many advantages over InnoDB in that it offers far better compression (5x or more), 20x the performance, and requires little tweaking.
But, isn't widely available and isn't supported by phpBB.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

cleverwise

Post by cleverwise »

Oyabun1 wrote:
cleverwise wrote:However TokuDB has many advantages over InnoDB in that it offers far better compression (5x or more), 20x the performance, and requires little tweaking.
But, isn't widely available and isn't supported by phpBB.
Well TokuDB is a drop in replacement for InnoDB. The bigger issue is phpBB doesn't support InnoDB. Most features will work but with any ACID engine you have to account for deadlocks and a few small items. However apps that support InnoDB will run on TokuDB as it is transparent to the app.

Percona server, which is far more stable and faster than MySQL itself, is now working at building in the TokuDB engine since it was open sourced. That means any InnoDB database will be able to be converted to the TokuDB engine thus adding additional performance, compression, and scalability.
Respectfully,
Jeremy

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

cleverwise wrote:Well TokuDB is a drop in replacement for InnoDB.
Ideally, yes, in reality, no.
cleverwise wrote: The bigger issue is phpBB doesn't support InnoDB.
That is simply not true.
                      Support Request Template

cleverwise

Post by cleverwise »

Oyabun1 wrote:cleverwise wrote:
Well TokuDB is a drop in replacement for InnoDB.
Ideally, yes, in reality, no.
I agree and understand TokuDB isn't as widely available or supported yet. Still it is growing in acceptance and adoption due to many factors. For those interested, probably few on here, Percona is a great MySQL source and they are closely following this new engine (5 year old engine). They feel it is safe enough for production and have built it into their Percona Server and are switching their services to it. Percona is a MySQL fork and runs any MySQL application.

However if someone is running InnoDB and loves it that's cool. You should always use what you feel comfortable with and works for you. Still anyone that hasn't heard of TokuDB and is open/curious I suggest checking out the engine. I will admit the one drawback is backing up is more of a hassle. However I know this thread isn't about all the ins and outs of TokuDB.
Oyabun1 wrote:cleverwise wrote:
The bigger issue is phpBB doesn't support InnoDB.
That is simply not true.
You know I missed the start transaction as an option in the mysql db connectors when quickly scrolling through the code. I admit that was an oversight on my part and gladly stand corrected on InnoDB (transaction) support by phpBB. Thank you for pointing out my error Oyabun1. :)

I need to vet the connector more to see if deadlocks are covered. I am hoping they are covered as with any transactional database support applications need to address deadlocks as they unfortunately occur.
Respectfully,
Jeremy

Lumpy Burgertushie

keep in mind that the majority of users have a standard shared hosting account with a hosting company.

they do not know or care what database systems are in place for their accounts.
and don't have any choices in what systems to use anyway.

and, most hosting companies are only going to use whatever is the quickest , cheapest and easiest software to install and use. I would be willing to bet that you know more about this field than most of the owners/techs at most of the hosting companies out there.

robert

cleverwise

Post by cleverwise »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:keep in mind that the majority of users have a standard shared hosting account with a hosting company.

they do not know or care what database systems are in place for their accounts.
and don't have any choices in what systems to use anyway.

and, most hosting companies are only going to use whatever is the quickest , cheapest and easiest software to install and use. I would be willing to bet that you know more about this field than most of the owners/techs at most of the hosting companies out there.

robert
Yeah I agree and know most users have standard shared hosting and don't really want to know. However, as expressed in another thread, I am passing along information in case some are more interested. :)
Respectfully,
Jeremy

Lumpy Burgertushie

I am all for more info. ( I am like that robot in that movie: "Need more input" )

I guess my point was that it really doesn't matter to most users because you can't simply call up your hosting company and request this type of thing. IF they know what you are talking about, it is very unlikely that they are going to change their server software so you can have whatever the latest and greatest is in database software etc.

robert

cleverwise

Post by cleverwise »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I guess my point was that it really doesn't matter to most users because you can't simply call up your hosting company and request this type of thing. IF they know what you are talking about, it is very unlikely that they are going to change their server software so you can have whatever the latest and greatest is in database software etc.

robert
I agree almost no hosting company is going to include TokuDB for now. However in the future it may be built into MySQL itself. After all, if you recall, not that long ago the InnoDB engine wasn't included in standard MySQL.

Still as some users migrate to VPSes (or now Clouds) or dedicated hosting they have the ability to choose what is running on their boxes. Yup again I know many in that category will just stick with cPanel/WHM, plesk, directadmin, etc.

However hopefully someone, at least one, will wander across this thread and go, "that's something to look into." Plus even if you aren't ready or going to do it now, or anytime in the near future, I know some like to read up on different ideas and technologies.

Technically speaking MySQL software should load using InnoDB. The question just becomes how well will it function. If autocommit is on transactions will complete you just can't roll them back. However the main issue becomes deadlocks and full table scan queries like select count(id) from users; That query is slow in InnoDB unless you have the where clause or run explain or show table status.

Those are the things that really make what I would call InnoDB support along with transaction starting and committing. Yup again I know most users will yawn at this stuff. ;)
Respectfully,
Jeremy

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Since this has drifted off topic, closed.
                      Support Request Template

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”