invaded by spambots

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
hatebreeder138

invaded by spambots

Post by hatebreeder138 »

http://www.702.clanservers.com/forum/

for the last 2 weeks my forum has been blown up by spam bots. i have Q+A enabled, not sure what changed. have added several Q+A's chagned all the ones that were there. nothing stops them. i have had to make it member only to view/post in forums just to stop them.
Last edited by hatebreeder138 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
hatebreeder138

Re: invaded by spambots

Post by hatebreeder138 »

i should clarify that ive looked through a lot of the postings on preventing spam bots however it appears that a good majority of it no longer works, the stuff i had implemented had worked for a long time and all of a sudden doesn't. just trying to get a fix all solution.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ok, your first question the bots can read and understand and put in the correct answer with no problems.

the second question there is no wrong answer so whatever the bot chooses will work

and the third question gets solved right away . type in your question as it shows into google. bet you get the exact answer in the first couple of returns.

try something like:

"what type of aircraft are shown in the header"

I see two different kinds, put several possible answers that you thing humans would be likely to choose from looking at the image.

one question, several possible answers. no need for multiple questions. if they break it, then you will not know which one they broke and as you have seen, you will then have to change them all. just use one good one.

yes, the bots question and answer list was updated in december so they broke a lot of them. there is no one solution that will last forever, it is an ongoing battle .

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
hatebreeder138

Post by hatebreeder138 »

ok will try and update q+a again. thanks for the suggestion.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You should also have a read of the sticky at the top of this forum Preventing Spam in phpBB3
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
hatebreeder138

Post by hatebreeder138 »

Mick wrote:You should also have a read of the sticky at the top of this forum Preventing Spam in phpBB3

you should have read the part where i stated that i read it and it notates that a lot of it is no longer effective as well i implemented the q+a months ago. thanks for your super helpful feedback!
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

hatebreeder138 wrote:you should have read the part where i stated that i read it and it notates that a lot of it is no longer effective as well i implemented the q+a months ago. thanks for your super helpful feedback!
it also mentions that some types of question are not effective with the Q&A and that other CAPTCHA plugins are available. I would have thought that was helpful.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
hatebreeder138

Post by hatebreeder138 »

Lumpy Burgertushie replied in a helpful manner and got me taken care of. thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”