Restore old phpBB site from database and site files

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
briandevcali

Re: Restore old phpBB site from database and site files

Post by briandevcali » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:51 am

Please Delete Duplicate post

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:25 am

We have a 6 hour bump rule here, please follow it. If you have more to add and nobody has yet replied to your previous post then just edit it. Bumping a topic moves it to the bottom of the queue meaning it will take longer to get a reply.

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am

briandevcali wrote:did a search for that and changed the admin to admin1 and admin as password with a query. now logged in as that and it says "This Board is Currently Disabled". I dont know where i would go to manage the back end of this site.

also has this error at the bottom:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /newsmod/featuresConfig.php on line 40: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'portalmaster'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Could not connect to DB server!
The bottom portion is probably due to a module that was once running, and how it must have either been hardcoded to access a specific database or that it added some type of config of it's own into the tables to remember the database.
briandevcali wrote:right now i am trying to get into the site to manage it via the phpBB management portion of things. How can I change the admin username and password from the mysql database?
In phpmyadmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP. Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin KB

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to update the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
The following has been quoted from an old support topic for phpBB 3.0.x, original topic.

briandevcali

Post by briandevcali » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 am

Well when I logged in with the temporary admin credentials there was no maintenance or cms management area to be found

Super Frustrating. I have dropped tables and imported .sql files so many times. here is what i have done:

create database that is listed in config file.
imported the tables from the database dump that i have.
tested the site. The site seems to look ok on the himepage. users can log in. but there is no functionality. no boards, no posts, no topics, just user control panel

Saw that there is another sql file that just had the tables with the phpbb_ prefix, tried to import but it would not overwrite the old tables. so I dumped all the tables with the phpbb_ prefix and imported the tables from the more recent .sql file.

Perfroming this produced an error "Unknown column 'user_form_salt' in 'field list' [1054]"

i searched for it and found this query to run on the database. ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_form_salt` varchar(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL

performed the query and tested the site and back to square one. Cannot access any cms admin panel. no posts or boards or topics. I feel like there is something simple I may be missing.

Tried to run the add admin1 query again and upon attempt to login i just get a white screen now. going to clear the cache files via FTP and see if there is any different result.

ok no super weird...i get this error after clearing out the cache files(less htc.access and index.html of course)
Template path could not be found: styles/PortalStones/template

went to try to complete the support request template and did not make it very far at all based on the options provided. I am not sure what version this is using as the config file says 3.0.x and as far as how the board was installed...well...not sure of that either. I took larry's advice and simply uploaded the site files via ftp and imported the database tables from the dump we have on hand. Trying to restore is a tough thing. And I typically work with wordpress so this is a bit out of my realm, but im trying.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:14 am

briandevcali wrote:Perfroming this produced an error "Unknown column 'user_form_salt' in 'field list' [1054]"
That's because the version of the files and the version of the database are different.
briandevcali wrote:Template path could not be found: styles/PortalStones/template
At least one user has their style set to one that is not on the server.

You've uploaded a folder called /Portalstones v2 but the style folder name should be /Portalstones

You can default the board back to prosilver with the Support Toolkit
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”