[split] This Board Has Been Disabled

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Geoff_C8

[split] This Board Has Been Disabled

Post by Geoff_C8 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:32 am

This is an old thread. It had no followup, and so I guess no one else has had this issue - except me - today. And my situation is just as curious:

1. There is only one admin - me
2. I have a very secure password and run off mac so I really don't think I have a key logger on my Mac. Its the only device I use to admin the site.
3. My server is Unix, which is where the load shedding code can be activated
4. My admin logs are up to date, nothing odd there.
5 My password still works
6 Nothing else has changed, in fact as I did customise the disabled message when I used it (disabled the board for a server move) several months back, the very same text was there.
7. My site is out of date - 3.0.12 so this is not of any current interest to folks I guess, but its curious I think.

My conclusion is that something caused that code to activate that shuts down the board. My son owns the server, and he is 100% sure it was not overloaded or subject to a DDOS attack.

Geoff

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: [split] This Board Has Been Disabled

Post by darcie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi Geoff,

I've split your post to a new topic from this one to get help for your issue.

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Thanks!

Geoff_C8

Re: [split] This Board Has Been Disabled

Post by Geoff_C8 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:58 am

Thanks darcie,

I don't think I am that worried if nobody else has had this issue in five years. But I think its actually useful for folks to see I had the exact same issue as set out on the thread where I first posted.

Geoff

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”