When do newly registered users become registered users?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
HighlyAdaptive

When do newly registered users become registered users?

Post by HighlyAdaptive »

Just wondering is their a time limit of when new users become registered users or do I have to promote them manually?
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: When do newly registered users become registered users?

Post by JimA »

There is a setting called "New member post limit" in the User registration settings under the General tab in your ACP. It allows you to set the amount of posts that a user needs to have to be placed out of the Newly Registered Users group. So it's really not a matter of a specified amount of time, but rather a matter of having posted (and having had approved, by default) a specified amount of posts. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
HighlyAdaptive

Post by HighlyAdaptive »

JimA wrote:There is a setting called "New member post limit" in the User registration settings under the General tab in your ACP. It allows you to set the amount of posts that a user needs to have to be placed out of the Newly Registered Users group. So it's really not a matter of a specified amount of time, but rather a matter of having posted (and having had approved, by default) a specified amount of posts. :)
Is there a way where I can set it up to where they need to be on for a certain amount of time rather than by post?
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

No, you'd have to modify one of the PHP files.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
david63

Post by david63 »

HighlyAdaptive wrote:Is there a way where I can set it up to where they need to be on for a certain amount of time rather than by post?
You could try the Auto Groups MOD - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/auto_groups

I am not sure if it works with later versions of phpBB 3.0
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

And note that Newly registered users are also in the Registered users group from the beginning. It is just that the NRU has permissions that block some permissions that they, as Registered users, would otherwise have.

Are you asking this because of spam?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
HighlyAdaptive

Post by HighlyAdaptive »

Pretty much. I ran a forum about half a year ago which got really popular but we had lots of issues with people spamming or making multiple accounts, etc. I'm bringing it back and do not want to deal with the same c**p again.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

You are going about it in the wrong way. One good (non-searchable) Q&A, combined with a post limit of one for the NRU, will stop 99.99% of spam.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”