Topic Attributes

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
fishtailfred

Topic Attributes

Post by fishtailfred »

Hello all,

I saw another PHPBB3 forum with different threads marked with different coloured key words wrapped in
square brackets depending on the content of the thread, and with an option to filter by them.

I tried to find such a thing in the admin settings pages and couldn't.

In which version was that introduced? Or is it a plugin of some sort?

I'm currently on quite an old version and badly need to update - perhaps this is an additional motivator to
do so. However if I can simply find it and turn it on now, that'd be preferable given my current situation.

Thanks in advance,

Fred.
david63

Re: Topic Attributes

Post by david63 »

phpBB does not have what you are asking for by default - you will need a MOD to do it. I think that this is probably what you are looking for - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... refix_mod/

However you are asking this in the 3.0 forum so you should be aware that phpBB 3.0 is at EOL (End Of Life) and as such support for that branch will cease at the end of the year. You should, therefore, consider upgrading to the latest version which is 3.1.9.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
fishtailfred

Post by fishtailfred »

Thanks mate! Yeah, I'm not at all happy with how out of date my board is. I already had the 3.1.9 upgrade stuff open today with intent to do it. Perhaps later in the week after a few other chores are dealt with.

The mod linked seems to be version and style specific. I'm sure I could adapt it, but do you know if there's a 3.1.9 compatible one available?

Cheers!
david63

Post by david63 »

fishtailfred wrote:do you know if there's a 3.1.9 compatible one available?
phpBB 3.1 does not use MODs - it uses extensions and it just happens that there is what you want currently in development - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2357986
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
fishtailfred

Post by fishtailfred »

My apologies! If the name change is indicative of an architecture change whereby the core has sufficient hooks etc and these really are plugins, that's great! And if not, good enough, no change :-D Cheers!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”