Cannot upload .mp3 files

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
AmigoJack

Re: Cannot upload .mp3 files

Post by AmigoJack » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Zinger47 wrote:Attach your php.ini and search thru all your files for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize
Then tell that the guy who set up the server for you or one who'd be able to. The server, not just the board. Those people are able to find files or search thru their content.
Zinger47 wrote:You seem to think that there is a size limit for .mp3 files
It's obvious. But it should affect every file - go try uploading a 8 MiB file of any type (ZIP, RAR, WAV... whatever your board allows) and you should fail as well.
Zinger47 wrote:I have searched through one of our forums and the largest .mp3 file I can find is 13.31MiB!
I'm aware that there are bigger files - I think I tried 7+ MiB and it failed. Someone must have changed one of the upload limits on the server.
Zinger47 wrote:(Don't know the difference between MiB and MB?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiB - the term "MB" is ambiguous and can either refer to 1'000'000 byte (1 * 1'000 * 1'000) or to 1'048'576 byte (1 * 1024 * 1024), whereas "MiB" is more precise and always means multiples of 1024.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”