Forum Admin Help - seeking person to help

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
OTezO

Forum Admin Help - seeking person to help

Post by OTezO »

Hello all,

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else as I did look but I was wondering if there any phpbb gurus who can help with some basic forum setup for our guild forums and website. I have tried and messed them up a bit but I was able to get them back to a somewhat working status lol.

If anyone can help please let me know and we can jump into team speak to go over permissions for a few user groups.

[link removed] is the website and forum.

Thanks
Tez
Last edited by JimA on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to website
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Forum Admin Help - seeking person to help

Post by JimA »

Hi there, welcome to phpBB.com! :)

I'm glad to you've chosen for phpBB, but I must inform you that posts like these are not allowed on our board, per our board wide rules. That's why I removed your link. Any form is solicitation of people for your own projects, whether it be paid or unpaid is seen as spam and therefore not allowed.

What we usually recommend is for you to look at the signatures of team and community members and look for people who allow you to PM them for private help, I must inform you though that most of these people will only allow you to do so in exchange for payment. However, you are very welcome to post the trouble that you've had here on the support forums and we will do our best to help you to get it right and also teach you how to do it yourselves for in the future, for free! :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Solicitation for individual private help is against the board's rules. If you will describe your issues, we will be happy to help you here in the Support forum.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
OTezO

Post by OTezO »

OK thanks I will take that into consideration and see if I can just get the help here through questions before going through peoples sigs and paying them.

firstly how would I set one group I have made to only see a certain section of our forum? I still want registered users to see that there is a section there but they cant go into any of the sections and only people in that group can.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

OTezO wrote: firstly how would I set one group I have made to only see a certain section of our forum? I still want registered users to see that there is a section there but they cant go into any of the sections and only people in that group can.
Go to ACP -> Permissions -> Group forum permissions
Select the Registered Users group and the forums whose content you'd like to hide from them.
Click "Advanced permissions" and set Can see forum to Yes, but the rest of the permissions to No.

Then for the special group, set the permissions to the normal Standard or Full Access role. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Maybe you should do a little reading.

phpBB3 Permissions
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
OTezO

Post by OTezO »

stevemaury wrote:Maybe you should do a little reading.

phpBB3 Permissions
yup did that exactly and read that and still messed it up lol

I was able to revert it back so everyone can see but that wasnt the point. I only want one group to see it and when I do that it locks out everyone.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Read the answer to the last "Quick Question" at the top of that article.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”